ahrma gatorback canceled

Started by chicagojerry, February 04, 2013, 12:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

due to permit problems that the promotor is enduring, gatorback has canceled the march race dates. ahrma powers that be trying to line up a new venue to replace it.  stay tuned...    chi jer

gooddirt

Has this been the same track used over the years ?

seanguthrie

Well poo!  That sucks!

74 250 Hare scramble
2 68 Six Day (projects)
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

chicagojerry

yes. from what i understand, they ran into problems gaining the required permits due to some issues they had running the mini olympics there last thansgiving.  chi jer

seanguthrie

Maybe I can do White Lightning now.  I did not think I could pull off back to back weekends.  I've never been to White Lightning so maybe this year.

74 250 Hare scramble
2 68 Six Day (projects)
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

tonupchad

WL is a blast as long at it doesn't rain or you arrive 1 minute late to register.  Just ask Brian.

'73 Six Day (CMF)
'68 Six Day Wasselump
\\\'73 Six Day (CMF)
\\\'68 Six Day Wasselump

BlueRidgePathfinder

Quotequote:Originally posted by seanguthrie

Maybe I can do White Lightning now.  I did not think I could pull off back to back weekends.  I've never been to White Lightning so maybe this year.

74 250 Hare scramble
2 68 Six Day (projects)

Sean,

I do hope you will make plans to join us at the Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic.  We have gotten rave reviews for the past several years and would love to have you attend.

Happy trails,

Al Roof

BlueRidgePathfinder

Quotequote:Originally posted by seanguthrie

74 250 Hare scramble
2 68 Six Day (projects)

BlueRidgePathfinder

Quotequote:Originally posted by tonupchad

WL is a blast as long at it doesn't rain or you arrive 1 minute late to register.  Just ask Brian.

'73 Six Day (CMF)
'68 Six Day Wasselump

Alex,

As you know, we aim to please.

However, the weather is up to the good Lord above, and registration is up to the fine folks from AHRMA.

See you soon,

Al Roof

brian kirby

Gatorback is lame. No loss.

Brian
Brian

Lew Mayer

Personally, I liked the CC.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

brian kirby

Never rode the CC, but the MX track is complete and utter garbage. I have never understood how it got an AMA National.

Jerry, any word on where they are looking to move it to? Hard Rock is the obvious choice since I'm sure they want to keep it near "Trailer Week" stuff. Personally, I'd like to see it at Monster Mountain, they have good CC trails and the track is so much better than Gatorcrap its not even funny. Monster also could run the Vintage on their dedicated Vintage track and run PV on the big National track. Its an ideal place to have an AHRMA National.

Brian
Brian

derek martin

I've rode the Florida AHRMA CC several times and the VMX once and always had a good time but I'd venture a guess that a venue a little further North might get an equal or better turnout. It's a long drive down there - 14 hours for me. Any venue closer to the population center of the AHRMA CC competitors (which I would guess is in the Eastern Midwest) might have better luck as far as turnout goes but the weather of course is no doubt the big concern for this early event. I remember one year I left Gatorback Sunday morning and it was in the low 70s but by the time I reached Atlanta there looked to be 5" of snow on the ground.

chicagojerry

right now they are trying to go to relocate in central /northern fl but it may not be ocala. i believe they will have a VERY good mx but it think the CC and trials will get canceled. i should hear more today.   chi jer

chicagojerry

here is the latest on the florida races.  this comes from dave lamberth.its reddick, we were there years before and its a good facility but no CC or trials capabilities

It is finalized - MX of Marion County will replace the cancelled Gatorback PVMX and VMX events on March 9-10, 2013.

We are not replacing the trials or the CC - the CC season will start in SC and the Trials season will start with Aonia Pass in late February