2013 Leroy Winters Memorial ISDT Reunion Ride

Started by Gordon Brennan, March 13, 2013, 03:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KJDonovan

Derek,

The light brackets are stainless steel pipe hangers with silicone grommets.  They are generally used in clean room applications and shipbuilding, but they fit perfect and the light does not budge.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner (My Ride)
72 Six Day (Wifes Ride)
71 Suzuki TS125
72 Montesa Cota 123
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

steve erickson

Hey folks, looks like I may have made the weather gods happy. Forecast looks pretty good, unless you preferred the cold rain from 2003.;)

We've got the row assignments and rider info sheet up on our website:
 http://www.pathfindersmc.org/

Have a safe trip out here and we'll see you this weekend.

Frederick Stone

Final Work party / pre-ride Video from last weekend for your enjoyment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp0ZTi5UhzA

Looking forward to a great weekend event

chicagojerry

sorry i can't make it guys.:(    i'm having to work this weekend. joe murphy stopped by and is camped in my yard tonight enroute there. i'm fixing his harescrambler for him so he is dropping that off and then delivering a motor for me.   wish i was coming there to enjoy the festivities.      chi jer

derek martin

That was a great event ; 1) this region of the country is beautiful, 2) the weather for the entire event was a divine gift, 3) trail quality was outstanding, 4) the Hoellerich's were excellent hosts and the Vintage Trail Bike Museum is a must see, 5) I pitted next to three New England riders (Kevin, Gordon and Bob) who proved the South have nothing on New England when it comes to hospitality (thanks Kevin for the couhaugs (spelling?) and steak Friday night), 6) Saturday morning Mr. Penton signed my 74 motocross tank and then that evening at the banquet heard him deliver a very inspirational message, 7) heard many ISDT Vets at the banquet recount their experiences, 8) being at the very location and riding a Penton on some of the same trail used in one of the country's biggest pieces of dirt bike history. All these items combined to form what will undoubtedly be one of my most memorable dirt bike related experiences. Thanks to the Pathfinders and anyone else associated with putting on this event.

thrownchain

There was alot of talk before the event about noise regs and street legality, anyone have any issues? or did all go well for everyone?

Gordon Brennan

Had a blast at this event. Everything Derek said X 2. (quahogs) Was a pleasure pitting next to Derek.  
I was on my 73 Husky. Unfortunately the lock nut on the clutch adjuster bolt that works the push-rod came loose, fell off and sent the bolt through my case cover on Saturday. I was able to finish the day with help from a Husky guy named Craig and my riding buddies Bob B, Kevin D and Dan G. Once the clutch was fixed, we ended up siliconing a piece of inner tube over the hole and gorilla taping the piece of tube to the cover. The cover never leaked a drop and I was able to catch up on the second half of Saturdays loop and never missed a beat for the rest of Saturday and all day Sunday. Unfortunately the repair put me longer than one hour to a check, which automatically gave me a DNF. But I finished!!

No issues with noise or registrations. Looked to me like everyone had done what they were supposed to do and were prepared for the inspection.

pklinck

At the ISDTRR in North Adams, Mass., It was great to watch Bob Wardlow in the motocross special test at the end of the second day.

In his heat, he got out in front at the beginning on his 75' mint 400 and no one could catch him.  His skills were fun to watch on the track.  In fact, so much fun that I forgot to take pictures with the camera sitting in my hand.

peter klinck
peter klinck

Frederick Stone

Thank You!

The Pathfinders want to extend our gratitude to all those that attended the 2013 Leroy Winters Reunion Ride, celebrating the 40th anniversary of the first ISDT held in the United States; 1973 Dalton Massachusetts. We were truly honored to host this event and hope you all enjoyed the weekend. We would be remiss if we failed to mention the many people that helped make this event memorable: The Hoellerich Family, State Line Riders Motorcycle Club, The Berkshire Trail Riders, The Meriden Motorcycle Club, Trail Rider Magazine, NETRA, AHRMA, NETRA Photos, our loyal sponsors, Frank Frey, our friends at the Massachusetts DCR, Jack Penton, Paul Clipper, Poirot Family, Luczynski Family and the list goes on and on!

rob w

415 Steve Shan - Gold

307 Jack Weaver - Gold

223 Peter Klinck - Gold

208 Teddy Landers - Gold
Besides Mr. Penton's incredible accomplishment riding the 2-day Legends Dual Sport ride. My vote in 2nd place for "Most impressive Penton ride" goes to Teddy for his great ride on a Steel Tanker. Teddy is a treasure, I love that guy.

127 Robert (Lee) Buffenmyer - Gold

423 Joe Murphy - Gold   (excellent ride Joe!)

211 Derek Martin - Gold

323 Bob Wardlow - Gold

These are all the pictures, and results I could find. Thanks to Dale Fisher for most of the pics. I know I'm missing people, and the results only show the riders who are points paying AHRMA members.
Without question, in my book - it does'nt get any better than last weekend's ISDT RR.
More stories to follow....

Jeff D

After 40 years, Teddy Landers finally finished the Berkshire Trial on his steel tanker!  Awesome!  Happy 40th Anniversary to Teddy and Rosemary, too!  :)

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Frederick Stone

In case you missed the event, Commemorative Programs from the Reunion Ride are available for purchase online. Thank you for your kind words and continued support!

http://www.pathfindersmc.org/isdtstore.php

Michael Thompson

Are there any available shirts for purchase?

[email protected]
2003 KTM 300exc
1997.5 KTM 200 "Jackpine"
1983 KTM 495
1977 KTM 250 MC5
1975 Penton Hairscrambler
1992 Yamaha WR200
1986 HONDA Z50 My first bike
1974 Suzuki RL250
[email protected]
2010 KTM 990 Adventure
1975 Penton 250 Hairscrambler