Pentons at Oak Hill, Texas

Started by tlanders, June 12, 2002, 01:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlanders

I was hoping that Dave would make this report because I am not sure what classes these guys are in but I am pretty sure that Dave Withrow, Dave Burgess, Larry Shope and I got first place in our respective classes. Also, Dave Withrow, Larry Shope and Skip Miller got seconds in other classes, and Dave entered a third class and received a third place. He would have done better had he not missed one of the motos due to a missing oil drain plug that he discovered while on the starting line!!!! It was VERY HOT and humid and Dave entering three classes was incredible!!!! The course was long and neat with MANY jumps and I highly recommend it to everyone especially if the race is in the spring or fall, not summer!! The course was wide enough to pass in the corners. The sand did get very rutted and it was fun trying to find a different line. Tom Benolkin (elsinore) the ex factory Kawaski rider was there and thrilled everyone with his XXXTREME riding style. I believe we will have some Penton National champs at the end of the year. Teddy

Dave Withrow

Teddy, Bobby Lucas and I were talking and Dave Boydston comes up and says," What are all these Pentons doing here?  I thought you guys were only in Ohio." My reply: We're everywhere...24-7 baby.
    By the way, Lucas and the boys put on a great event.  If you have the time next year put it on your "MUST RUN" list.  Abig congrats to all the Penton gang for such a strong showing.

Doug Wilford

Someone should ask Dave Boydson when he is going to be racing his 125 Penton, I did an engine for him last month.    Those Texans are a bunch to be recond with!!   Great job TVRC.   Congrats to all the other Penton people there too!

Edited by - Doug Wilford on 06/12/2002  9:21:52 PM

chkitout

Just posted on the TVRC website photos from Texas the 3rd photo looks familiar. More Penton photos to come.

tlanders

Yeah, the third photo is me gingerly riding over the jump that had a turn in it!!! The first time I landed off the course!!! Now if you could just have seen me on the next jump that was stright!!! Teddy