Steel Tanker Air Filter

Started by desmond197, May 09, 2013, 05:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desmond197

Is there a Fram paper air filter that fits a 71 Penton Steel Tank as well as a Monark 125. It think it was a Fiat 500 or 600D filter but the specs seem too big looking on the Fram site. This is for display purposes

fosterboy

Hello I think the Monark filter will work there are usually some for sale by the swap meet man on the bay. Ed

72 Monark - project    
76 Hercules 175 - project
possible Penton-Hiro project
72 Monark - project    

desmond197

Yes I have seen that. I will order a Fram Fiat 600D filter from Amazon for $7 to see if it fits

fosterboy

Also Strictly Hodaka has some foam with perforated steel mesh inner that may work.ed

72 Monark - project    
72 Monark - project    

desmond197

Thanks for the tip. Got one of those. I was looking for a paper filter for display on a stock bike.

OUCWBOY

I purchased a NEW 1969 Six Day back in 69 from my local Penton Dealer. It came with a Filtron air cleaner. Unless the Dealer changed it out before he sold it, I was under the impression that was stock.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

tofriedel

All of the steel tankers I have seen, 68 thru 70, all used a steel mesh frame that a foam filter was placed onto it and mounted in the airbox.  I have never seen a paper filter, but it could work.

Tony
Tony

Daniel P. McEntee

I just got a No-Toil filter from Al B. and it's a pretty tight fit on the steel mesh frame, but the frame fits the airbox perfectly so I know it's the correct part. Makes the foam pretty thin and flat. Is this typical in anyone else's experience? I was goping to try and contact No-Toil about it as soon as I had the chance.
  Thanks a lot,
   Dan McEntee

desmond197

This is for a 70 MCB/Monark the air box is similar to the Steel tank Penton. Monarks used a lot of modded Penton/KTM parts

OUCWBOY

Penton used a filtron foam filter, however, Monark used the paper type filter.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR