1972 Six Day 125 - (w/new shocks and extra tank!)

Started by tooclose racing, June 02, 2013, 06:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooclose racing

UPDATED 7/15/2013 - less than 12 hours left on my eBay listing. I've added my immaculate Six Day toaster tank to the listing.  Going once, going twice...

UPDATED 7/8/2013 - the Six Day described below will be supplied with a brand new set of 13.5" Progressive Series 12 shocks (87-1203B) with  100/65 springs for $2200.  What a freaking bargain!! Going to eBay. Can deliver to Mid Ohio. ta-ta....

Ladies...and Gentlemen - if I want to add to the herd, I need to remove from the herd.  Or so it seems to be written...

For sale is my 1972 CMF Six Day 125.  I purchased this bike from Tony Friedel in 2008, who rebuilt/refurbished this bike.  

It comes with the following "mods": 35mm forks (from a 1974 SD) rebuilt/refurbished by Mr. Friedel, Renthal Mini-High bars, Gunnar Gasser (replica) throttle, Buehner Supply serrated racer pegs, Buehner Supply folding shifter, brand new NOS 28 mm Mikuni, Circle F racing pipe (will also include original pipe with muffler removed - i.e. stinger exposed).

The front tire is a Pirelli MT16, rear is 4.00x18 Cheng Shin, both with very little wear.  I have rebuilt the top end once - currently has a 54.75 mm piston sourced from Buehner (Wiseco). Cylinder porting and head are stock - I run stock porting and the 28mm just because I think it's maybe a little more forgiving/mid-rangey in XC - which is my favorite racing to do with this bike.

The bike does NOT come with: the Works Performance shocks and the Ascerbis handguards. I need them for my NEXT Penton racer.  I've got some place-keeper Zokes or Boges (I think) that I can mount, but I believe just about everyone on this board would recommend.."invest in some shocks".  I currently run 13.5" long WPs, but I know there are some Progessive fans here to. Heck, I ran the Red Wings for a season and they would be fine in the woods.

The bike needs: the swing arm bushings replaced.  I have them, just haven't gotten around to doing it.  

Also have a Toaster Tank in Six Day green in perfect condition (repainted) that I may consider making part of the deal.  Or not.

This is my first Penton...many trophies, a little heartbreak, lots of stories.  The only thing that occasionally held this bike back from the top of the podium was the rider or the mechanic - in both cases that would be me [:I]

Make an offer.  Just kidding...I'd like $2200.  Will be at Unadilla and VMD this summer, and a few points (AHRMA races) in between. My email is [email protected] if you are interested.

Bob Close

tooclose racing

OMG...she sold!  And I met my reserve, gosh darn it.  That means I almost have enough money to buy a Jackpiner from Mr. Ellis at VMD.  

I'm going to put out some coffee cans with my picture on them in POG village - please feel to contribute to my "Help Bob Buy A Jackpiner" fund. If I raise enough....

Seriously (or at least as serious as I can manage) - now I'm really looking forward to racing in the 90 degrees and 90 percent humidity weather in Lexington, OH on Friday and Saturday.