Mid Ohio

Started by Kip Kern, July 05, 2013, 09:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip Kern

Two more weeks,  Hope all have safe travels to and from!:D

tooclose racing

Looking forward to the Mid-O myself.  And of course staring at any of the beautiful hardware that you bring to this show, Kip.

Isn't it kinda wierd that Husqvarna is the featured bike/brand AGAIN?  Other than Kawi, have any of the other Japanese manufacturers ever stepped up to the plate and been the featured manufacturer?

Mike Hufnagel

Hopefully it will be a pleasant weekend. No rain and 84'.     Nah 95'+ and raining like hell.

'12 Husaberg TE300
74 Yamaha TY 250
84 Yam IT200
75 Jackpiner w/ 250 eng.
82 KTM GS250II (import)
82 KTM 495 (2)
98 KTM 300mxc
04 KTM 125 SX
00 KTM Duke 2/rd. racer
06 KTM 950 Adv.
08 Suzuki DR70Z
\\\'12 Husaberg TE300
74 Penton Wassels
74 Yamaha TY 250
77 Yamaha TY 175
74 Jackpiner w/ 250 eng.
82 KTM GS250II (import)
77 Yamaha RD 400 Daytona Café replica
81 Ktm mx 495
12 Ktm RC8R
04 Honda xr 100
06 KTM 950 Adv.

ALB

I am getting ready for Mid-Ohio packing up the parts to show and sell. I will be bringing an assortment of wheel assemblies and misc. items for the newer 90's KTM bikes.
I will also be bringing an assortment of used exhaust pipes for the Penton bikes.
I cannot bring everything. So, if there is something specific that you need and want me to bring to Mid-Ohio, give me a call or e-mail.

Chef Dale has been busy the past couple of weeks putting together the food and beverages items need to supply lunch (11:30 to 1) and dinner (5 to 6) on Friday and Saturday. All POG members are welcome to stop by and grab something to eat and or drink during serving hours.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

checkcrew

my van is loaded :-))

the heat here just east of Philly is CraZY !!! 105 heat index - "ouch"
HOPE IT IS A LITTLE COOLER WEST :-))

see ya's in a couple days,

regards,

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Paul Danik

AS always..if you have a Penton, or Pentons...we love to have Pentons of all sizes and conditions on display in Pentonville, as well as any wonderful Wassells by any of their names, and KRP flat trackers as well...  

If you have a Penton for sale don't hesitate to bring it to Pentonville with your info on it..lots of folks are looking for machines and the more Pentons we have on display the better.

Thanks...getting excited..:D

Paul

tooclose racing

Hot..hot...hot!  The MC5 250 is ready (need a new set of Penton tank stickers Al) and Mr. Ellis is bringing my new, blue baby.

Let's get ready to rumble....(race!).

Bob Gilman

Wow,You guys are killing me.Iam unable to be there,I got the shingles,perfect timing.The pain lets me know i'am still alive.I will miss everyone.    Painfully Bob

Paul Danik

Bob,

I am very sorry to hear that you won't be at VMD, hope you feel better soon.  I guess the POG chainsaw carving contest will have to wait for another time :D..

Paul

Kip Kern

Missed Mid Ohio this year but made Wauseon.  Needless to say, Wauseon was Aweseon!  Loved the place.  $5 parking covered all weekend, no entry fee, Flat Track on site at $5 a ticket.  700 vendors selling antique Indians, Harleys, BSA's Triumphs and even found Maico, Husqvarna, Bultaco CZ and some Jap stuff.  Nice facility, shady very nice restrooms with many choices of food vendors.  Awesome!  Saw a lot of old Mid Ohio friends there also.  Can't wait for next year, way cheaper! Vendor sites with electricity![:p]

Rain Man

Kip. where's Wauseon ?

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

thrownchain

Wauseon is west of Toledo OH. I was there Friday. Nice to be at a venue that doesnt have it's hand in your pocket. $5 to park, free to get in. Lots of American and British bikes and parts. Food prices were very reasonable. Lots of trees for shade. AMA could learn alot from this meet if it were so inclined. Dale from Wheels Thru Time was also there. (Kinda neet).

Kip Kern

Fulton County Fairgrounds, I-80 and 108, exit 34.  "Competition Motorcycles" will be the featured marque for next year 2014. As long as it is at least 35 years old, you can bring it.  Wonderful location for the event and the staff was top notch!  Love this place just wished I had brought more $$$$$ to spend:D  Home made Ice Cream Vendor was a big hit for sure! $5 weekend, can't be beat!

ALB

The Wauseon event is a nice laid back venue. I was there last year and the year before, for 1 day to visit and that was enough for me. However, you will not find the bikes and parts that are at the Mid-Ohio event. The Wauseon event is dominated mostly with old Indian and Harley bikes and parts. The only Penton items I saw being sold last year were 2 gas tanks and a Sachs 125 engine.
Also the only racing is the dirt track on Friday.

Just wanted to let everyone know that these 2 events are totally different - like comparing apples to oranges.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner