RR, securing shifter and brake pedals

Started by pklinck, August 11, 2013, 07:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pklinck

When I was riding enduros in the 70's, I secured the shift lever with a chain but not the brake pedal

Today, and for the ISDTRR ride, for those of you who road in 2003 and may have a general idea of the terrain, should we secure the shift lever and brake peddles and with what materials?  An old brake or throttle cable...?? and how to fasten? I recalled from the past I half assed it and would like to know a few ways to secure them if some think during this ISDTRR run a chain or cable would be necessary.  Thanks

peter klinck
peter klinck

Paul Danik

Peter,

Just my 2 cents worth, never did the cable thing to the shifter or brake pedal, did make a few sudden stops over the years when a sapling would get into the brake pedal...but still never felt I wanted to put the cable on.

Paul

pklinck

Paul,

You're probably right.  It seems I remember in the 70s putting the cables (or chain) on the brake and shifter is because we were developing and exploring new trails and everything from grass, sticks, stumps were an issue on new or overgrown trails.  Then I simply left the cables there when it came to the enduros. thanks.

peter klinck
peter klinck