cycle world 2013 isdtrr

Started by Al Martin, September 19, 2013, 11:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALB

Al, thanks for posting this.

I met Stephen and Stephanie on Sunday at the Reunion Ride. Stephen had a professional camera with a big lens on it taking a lot of photos at the start of Sunday's ride. Stephanie was standing near him with a legal pad interviewing people and jotting down notes. I was many of the people that she interviewed and I was asked all kinds of questions regarding the event. Both of them had no idea what it was all about.

I caught up to them again at the start of the dual sport ride in front of Jim's museum. After all the riders left I had a nice long chat with her. She is a journalist and Stephen is involved with documentary work with the local historical society regarding the history and activities going on at Jim's farm. The farm has been around a long time and is well known in the area. I was under the impression that they both had no clue what was going on that weekend at the farm and that they kind of stumbled upon it by chance.

Anyways, I am happy that she wrote the article and it was published.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Ed Chesnut

Is the article correct in stating that the 1973 ISDT and the 2013 ISDT Reunion Ride were centered on the very same farm?  I thought the '73 event was headquartered in Dalton (or Pittsfield).

Ed

Keep the rubber side down!
Keep the rubber side down!

Jeff D

You're correct, Ed. The 73 ISDT was headquartered nearby in Dalton.  They probably got confused as the 2003 and 2013 Reunions were both at Jim's place.  Glad for the publicity of the event though!

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell