Wanted Parts for 1973-74 Husky WR250

Started by Dwight Rudder, September 22, 2013, 05:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight Rudder

Looking for a good gas tank and foot pegs to start. Maybe a swingarm.  I have a good running bike but it is a mismash of parts.

Kip Kern

Dwight, Contact Forest Stahl 765-284-7653

Dwight Rudder

Thanks.   I believe I need a tank, Airbox (it has the 1974-75 type enduro airbox). Swingarm (It has a mag swingarm).
Believe it or not I have a set of "FACTORY" Husqvarna Titanium handlebars for this bike.

mike scholl

Dwight,

I have a set of pegs you can have. Just let me know which style you want. That year they came with either the slick no tread or the one's with three holes in them. As for the swingarm I would trade you a stock swingarm for the mag swingarm.

What airbox are you looking for? Dog dish or Plastic enclosed? DC Plastics has those available.

Just let me know if you are interested. [email protected]

Mike Scholl

Team J&J Cycles

rob w

Dwight, I have a '73 Husky tank, all original, orange, one dent (that I remember). I will try to post a couple pictures of it in a few days.

Dwight Rudder

Thanks, Let me know.

Quotequote:Originally posted by rob w

Dwight, I have a '73 Husky tank, all original, orange, one dent (that I remember). I will try to post a couple pictures of it in a few days.

Gordon Brennan

Dwight,
Mine came with the flat smooth pegs. I saw your post on the cafehusky site and posted there (if that was you). Didn't think about the pegs. You can have those. The air cleaner cover and bell are on ebay all the time, and at reasonable prices.
Like Kip said, Forrest Stahl is the best. And he is great at explaining how to do whatever it is you need. From buying the correct parts, to explaining how to install the kicker (harder than you think, on a Husky) to timing your tramsmission.
You're going to love that Husky.
1973, What a great year to be a bike.

desmond197

My 74 250WR has the 3 dimple pegs on it and the Mag forward shock swing arm stock. Plastic under seat breather air box and plastic fenders. The plastic on these items is very brittle so I only have them on the bike for show.

desmond197

My 74 250WR has the 3 dimple pegs on it and the Mag forward shock swing arm stock. Plastic under seat breather air box and plastic fenders. The plastic on these items is very brittle so I only have them on the bike for show.

rob w

Dwight, I would like to trade for a pair of these 1975 Hi Point, red white and blue, leather riding pants, in good condition, size 36 or 38. Thanks, Bob

olebmw

I could use a 73 large tank like the one pictured if anyone has one for sale or I would trade a small tank .Thanks,Dan

marsattacks

I have a hi point tank somewhere that should fit.  In deep storage prob would take a week to get a photo if interested.  Good sized fork dent in it.  Monza cap.
Mars Attacks!
68 Planetary/Lunar Lander (very sadly, sold with Gamma death-ray to the Italians)
78 400 MC5 also sadly sold
79 space rock shox bike

Dwight Rudder

Rob, How much for tank ? I have a set of pants in question (I think but they are like size 30). I wore them in 1975-77 time period.
Dwight
[email protected]

Quotequote:Originally posted by rob w

Dwight, I would like to trade for a pair of these 1975 Hi Point, red white and blue, leather riding pants, in good condition, size 36 or 38. Thanks, Bob

Dwight Rudder

I have found foot pegs and Ron Robolzi says he has me a swingarm. Found a Airbox cover. Tank is now my big item.
I put tires, Bars and foot pegs on this weekend. Lighter shock springs too. It has a good set of progressives but had like 90/130 shock spings.  I put on a set of 75/130 that I had and it was better but I think it needs something like 70/120.  My Jackpiner has 65/100 on it. I wonder what fork oil weight everyone is using.

Dwight Rudder

I raced it Sunday at White City to a first in the Open Sportsman. I think I am going to like this bike.