Cahokia Creek

Started by seanguthrie, September 24, 2013, 09:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanguthrie

Anyone going this weekend?  I did not get registered but my buddy and new Penton owner J. Lamar talked me into it.  I think we are just doing Saturday as Sunday is my youngest son's birthday.

How are these woods?  Tight, muddy, or open and dry?

74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

brian kirby

I cant make it this year, but I love White City. Trails are not tight, and the trails are flowing and fun. Its one of my favorites when its dry, but if it rains its really tough. The main thing is the club is fantastic, one of the best clubs to host an AHRMA event.

Brian
Brian

seanguthrie

Sweet.  Sounds like it should be a good time.  I had not planned to go but at only 3.5hrs away i could not resist some saturday afternoon woods riding.

74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

chicagojerry

i plan on being there..  its always a good time, unless it rains. chi jer

Daniel P. McEntee

I'm going to try and get up there and visit a little bit with some of the guys I know. I live about an hour from the race site. I rode the White City Big Red and Big Muddy Enduro several times back in the day when they were still building I-55! The original route crossed old Route 66 in several places. Saw guy get killed by a tractor-trailer crossing US 66 at a gas stop when he ignored the police and people working the crossing and didn't stop to wait. The original club grounds were a little closer to the highway back then. The woods trails weren't too tight, but if it rains the mud is pretty sticky. They used to run the route along a railroad track and across a rail road trestle that seemed like it was 1000 feet high and only 1 foot wide! It had the double rail rerailer thin in the track and was a killer to get into the middle of. There are some steep hills hiding in the woods also! Wish I was in a better position to be able to ride. Hope to see some of you there.
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

seanguthrie

I'm really pumped.  Been off the bike for way too long.  Look for me out there Dan.  I'll be on a red HS with a black frame.  It's real easy to spot.  It's even easier to keep up with when I'm piloting it! HA

74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213