Mikuni on125 DKW

Started by mikevorndran, October 26, 2013, 10:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikevorndran

Somebody/Anybody, I am trying to replace the worn out Bing on my 1973 DKW Hornet (don't hate me because its not a Penton!)with a 28mm Mikuni. The sticking point is the hole in the backbone that the air hose goes through.I've read about people doing this conversion on Pentons,but never DKW's. Somebody out there must have done this swap somewhere,sometime, how about it? What do I do? I need to know!  [?]

Dwight Rudder

Can't.  I had to stick with the Bing on mine.

Rain Man

I went down to my local parts store and they usually carry bulk standard size radiator hoses for heavy trucks.  That's what I used. I may have spliced one inside the other to accomadate the different diameters then glued it all together.  
 have fun

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

gooddirt

Next to impossible unless the carb boot is a stock unit with the bing . You need to side a thinner flexible  boot on the carb or frame side first then mount the carb then slide it over .   I have a lot of one off carb boots/ CV boots. Check  posting MIC on DKW. LG

socalmx

Can't you run a piece of hose from the back of the carb thru the frame "tunnel" then use something to stiffen the hose and a "sock" filter?

gooddirt