72 Jackpiner in NJ

Started by Keith Meatyard, November 06, 2013, 06:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian kirby

Brian

Lew Mayer

$4000 and it looks like a tape repair on the seat.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

joe novak

Nice Penton looks to be in great condition.   Not completely original (ie.levers, sprocket).   So there is a little black tape on the original seat cover....   Wonder how well it runs.    joe

Rob Thatcher

A lot too pricey for me to consider, especially since the pictures really only show one side.  I don't understand why people don't just put a reserve and start the bidding at a normal level.

brian kirby

Dont get me wrong, its his bike he can ask any price he wants for it but that bike is not worth half that price as it is now. Personally, I would not pay more than $1200 for it.

Brian
Brian

Dale Fisher

Similar in respects to the one here in Michigan that was on Craig's and Ebay numerous times.  In his case he used the same lousy photos each time and didn't put any time into getting the bike running.  I sent him a message and suggested he retake some better shots or maybe take it to Bawb and get it running [xx(]

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

brian kirby

I'm not sure a 100 point museum quality restoration of that bike would make it worth $4000.

Brian
Brian

slvrbrdfxr

Just in case anyone is looking for a JP project here's one that a friend of mine had listed. Pretty sure it didn't sell and I'll get you his phone number if interested. Just email me at my screenname here and add @cox.net
Dave McCullough

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Penton-175-cc-JackPiner-Great-Barn-Find-Great-Vintage-Bike-/261321644606?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3cd7fbda3e&nma=true&si=sD1RWw4vKMJcXUvjX9miqPuQa7o%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557