South Carolina

Started by tmc3c, July 01, 2002, 10:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

While we are looking for Texas Penton Owener's, Are there any in S.C. besides me?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Monty

I am not from S.C., but I do love the state. Very nice place if you are the fishing sort. I was there a couple of years ago, in Greenville. Flying there was the best part, getting to look at all the GREEN Mountains, and Calm BLUE Lakes. Here we have BIG Brown Mountains, and Rough MUDDY Lakes. Anyway "GOT PENTONITIS?"

tmc3c

Hi Monty, Yeah Greenville is nice and it's home to me.Did tou get to do any riding while here? Do you fly hot air ballons? We have a Freedom Weekend Aloft here, Did you catch that while here?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Monty

I was flown in for recognition from the company I was working for at the time. Their headquarters are in Penn, but their manufacturing plant is in Greenville. I was there for about 5 days and 4 nights, played golf on Verde Greens, shopped around, drove some Beamers around, and spent time lounging, eating, and drinking with the company folk. It was fun, and the air was fresh, a bit opposite from 'round these parts.

tmc3c

Ah yes a beamer man. I played golf yesterday at links of tryon.Do you ever get to come back to Greenville,on company time?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

desmond197

I am down here in Costal Georgia and I have 3 125 Penton Six Day bikes.

tmc3c

Hi Desmond197,I lived in Charleston most of my life and raced 125cc penton's in the 70's and flat tracked in savannah at oglethorpe speedway.I talked to a guy who raced at Aonia Pass G.A.at a vintage race.Was that you? I now live in the upstate and restoing a 76 250gs "slowly" but I am trying to do it right.Thanks for getting back to me,maybe soon we can meet and ride.I know all of the goverment land trails in the state from coast to the mountians.Have you rode in Toccoa G.A.?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

tmc3c

Hi Desmond197,I lived in Charleston most of my life and raced 125cc penton's in the 70's and flat tracked in savannah at oglethorpe speedway.I talked to a guy who raced at Aonia Pass G.A.at a vintage race.Was that you? I now live in the upstate and restoing a 76 250gs "slowly" but I am trying to do it right.Thanks for getting back to me,maybe soon we can meet and ride.I know all of the goverment land trails in the state from coast to the mountians.Have you rode in Toccoa G.A.?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Monty

It was kinda hard not to take a spin in the Beamers 'round there. Shoot, you get off your plane and the airport has Beamers in the lobby. I realy do wish I could come on over on company time, but I am no longer with the same company. Now if I am sent anywhere it would be KSC at the Cape in FLorida. Golf in Greenville is GREAT.

tmc3c

Monty, man I bet your penton is really fast,I bet you can pick up all kinds of speed goodies at K.S.C. Do you ever get to go on any of the rides,that go up like a rocket and come down like a plane?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Monty

Man, I wish my Penton was realy fast! Right now it is in pieces, ready for a frame out restore. After which I hope it will scream! As far as the plane you spoke of, we like to call it the "Vomit Comit", and I have yet to fly on it. I came around the space industry a bit to late. They still take military personell up, but no longer do they take civilians.

tmc3c

Hey Monty are you on high land down there in Texas? Sounds like you and myself are in the same boat with our Pentons, mine is also in resto stage too!Slow Going but I am doing it right.Stay DRY and stay away from the vomit-comet!! won't be long and you'll be flying in it!!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Monty

Actually I am below sea level! I don't know if you remember, but last year we were under water. The whole city was almost wiped out! Fortunately my street was the only in the neighborhood not to get water in any of the houses, it did get up to my front door though. I took pictures of people w/ jet ski's in my front yard! As far as the restore goes, I too want to do it right, but am getting impatient & want to ride.

tmc3c

Monty did you bring all the pieces of the penton into the house? Last thing you need is for something to float off! I too want to RIDE!! nothing worse to have friends at work talking about racing.Thats why I want Bobby Lucas to rub on my motor,so I can suprise them when this 76 Penton Blows by them!! HEHE!!I can't help myself.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Monty

Fortunately the only thing that floats around in my house is my head. Well maby that is unfortunate, but oh well. I feel the same way about my motor and Bobby Lucas. THat is why I will be sending it off soon. Everyone has pretty much convinced me to have him do the work. Can't argue with perfection they say!