York, Pa swapmeet, whos going, what are ya selling

Started by Paul Danik, January 12, 2014, 10:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Just a week till one of the best swapmeets ever, the York, Pa swapmeet hosted by the Potomac Vintage Riders, PVR.

This event is held at the York, Pa Fairgrounds ( Expo Center) and is a DO NOT MISS event...and it somehow gets better each year.

http://www.potomacvintageriders.com/york-swap-meet/

As of now I am bringing a recently acquired Steel Tanker basket case that was taken apart by the previous owner in the hope of doing a resto job, but he never got to it, looks to be all there, it is a 125cc with alloy engine.

Also bringing a 1990 KDX 200 that has less than 300 miles on the clock complete with Pa title. This bike is as close to new as one could possibly be. I have known this bike since it was purchased and can vouch for the mileage, but when you see the bike I won't have to..

Will be filling the truck...how about others, who's coming and what are you bringing?
Paul

BrianTaylor

Paul can you tell me what year Steel Tanker it is and what you want for it ..... email off list .... [email protected]       thks Brian

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

chicagojerry

i'm going and i'm bringing a lot of can am stuff. i'm trying to purge most of my non penton stuff. still keeping a little C-A 175 stuff though. engine parts a good frame, multiple wheels etc. i hope to put it in the auction as one lot. also a small amount of 74 250 elsinore stuff. chi jer

tooclose racing

I'm going - bringing a friend and his pickup truck.  He's going to shop for a PV bike.  I'm going to eat and DRINK and shop and do the MA/NE banquet.  I think I can get away with pulling about $50 out of the ATM for "stuff". :D

Curious Paul (Jerry) - is the KDX eligible for any class in AHRMA PV XC?

Lew Mayer

Bob, you better bring more than $50. At least, a hundred.;)
One of the few events close to me.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

thrownchain

I'll be there, heading down Fri, set up and auction on Sat and then swapmeet Sun. Bringing a nice selection of parts and parts motors of different brands.

Rob Thatcher

The KDX200 is a 1990 if I am correct and has a power valve, watercooling and disk brakes. The short answer is no, not eligible for any AHRMA classes.

454MRW

I'll be there with my 74 Can AM MX for sale, with what now I believe to be a 79 175 Qualifier engine in it, and also bringing a 99% complete 72 CL175 Scrambler that needs restored for sale. Bringing my enclosed trailer and will have space available back through PA, OH, Etc. into IL. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
1975 Can Am 175 TNT & 77 250 Black Widow
1979 Husqvarna OR390
1976-78 RM & 77-79 PE Suzuki's
1974 CR250M 07 CR125R 79 CR250R
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Paul Danik

I am pretty sure that Dale Barris from On The Edge Honda in Amherst, Ohio, formerly Penton Honda, is going to bring a load of goodies to York. When talking with him last week at the shop he indicated that he had secured a booth.

If you get near Amherst be sure to stop in and check out some of the Hondas from days gone by that are on the showroom floor. Neat stuff :)  

Mike W., you will only be minutes from his shop on the Ohio pike, he is just off the Amherst exit, pretty sure it is route 58. When you exit the pike make a right turn and he is about 1/2 mile or so on the right.

Paul

desmond197

fischercycle

Hello Pogers,REGAURDS Javascript:insertsmilie(':)')TO PAUL DANIK WHEN IS THE BIG MEET AT THE IX .CENTER, ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE THE BIG TENT UP,FOR THE PENTON DISPLAY ,AND WHAT IS THE EEXACT MILITARY TIME AND DATE TO SHOW UP.WOULD IT BE OK IF I BRING MY SHADOW FOR DISPLAY,,:)  CRAZY JAKE

dennis brown

att. paul danik please call me as soon as you can i know someone that wants to sell his pentons  270-7352585

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

Paul Danik

Jake,
Sounds great. The show is Jan 31, Feb 1 & 2. Will be in touch with you next week, getting ready for York.

Dennis,  Nice talking with you, will wait for your call next week, thanks..

The KDX that I was going to bring to York is sold.

The basket case Steel Tanker might have to wait as the PA title for it isn't in my name yet, but I may have a couple of others along.

Will have along the last E. C. Bert Tyran down pipe that I have, along with a few other Tyran items, original front fender and bracket, plus a few smalls.

Paul

desmond197

desmond197

Any one know what time the Sat auction starts?