tanks

Started by Kevin Grimes, July 04, 2002, 05:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Grimes

i forgot to mention in my last posting i have about 20 used penton tanks i'm bring to mid-ohio. all are fiberglass variety possibly mid to late 70's thanks,kevin

guys i finally found out my spot at mid-ohio
ee-9

Edited by - kevin grimes on 07/09/2002  6:12:46 PM

Kip Kern

Hey Kevin, look me up at Mid Ohio, I haven't seen you for awhile!  We can talk Pentons and fighters.  Is Roy coming with you?

desmond197

Do you have any Alloy tanks like the ones on the Wassels

Kevin Grimes

greetings kip,and fellow penton lovers.the herd of gas tanks for pentons are all fiberglass mid to late 70,s era,no wassell tanks. sorry. i do have an extra seat for the wassell.

Paul Danik

Kevin,
   I have a need for a Wassell seat.  Email me if you can  [email protected]
Thanks
Paul

john durrill

Kevin,
 do you have a good blue or white tank that is for a 72 - 74? the same style enduro tank that came on the 125, 175 and 250 enduro model.
we called it a toster tank.
We are looking for one in white but bule would do. Its for the 175 conversion six - days we are building.
Does anyone know how to change the gel coat color on our fiberglass tanks. Painting is not my first choice. We can remove the old color gel coat with scotch bright and acetone but have not been able to find anyone that can spray or replace the color gel coat local.
John & Peter

Larry Perkins

John,

I have a pretty good blue toaster tank that we had orange Jackpiner stickers made for a bike that we were building last year for Jesse.  They could be removed are left that way to be unique.

lobo6y

Quotequote:
Hey Kevin, look me up at Mid Ohio, I haven't seen you for awhile!  We can talk Pentons and fighters.  Is Roy coming with you?
Kevin, Kip.
Pentons and "fighters?"  You guys former TACAIR pilots? Retired USN/USNR A4, A7, F/A18 here.  I find quite a few in our vintage MC sport!
dave janiec

Kevin Grimes

QuoteKevin,
 do you have a good blue or white tank that is for a 72 - 74? the same style enduro tank that came on the 125, 175 and 250 enduro model.
we called it a toster tank.
We are looking for one in white but bule would do. Its for the 175 conversion six - days we are building.
Does anyone know how to change the gel coat color on our fiberglass tanks. Painting is not my first choice. We can remove the old color gel coat with scotch bright and acetone but have not been able to find anyone that can spray or replace the color gel coat local.
John & Peter
I have blue "toaster" tanks, haven't seen any white toasters. kevin

Edited by - kevin grimes on 07/09/2002  6:06:15 PM

Kevin Grimes

Quotequote:
Quotequote:
Kevin, Kip.
Pentons and "fighters?"  You guys former TACAIR pilots? Retired USN/USNR A4, A7, F/A18 here.  I find quite a few in our vintage MC sport!
dave janiec

kip i'll be at ee9 at mid-ohio. dave, i spent 20 in the arkansas air guard f-4c,
f-16. kevin    

lobo6y

Thanks Kevin,
A Phantom Phlyer huh!  Unfortunately I'm working and can't make Mid-Ohio (thrid year in a row, darn).  I will be at Chehalis and all the west nationals this year (working tech).  Look forward to meeting you!
dave janiec

john durrill

Kevin,
 we sent you two e-mails. You must not have recieved them. can you tell me what shape the tank is in and how much you need for it?
my e-mail is [email protected]
Thanks ,
John

tofriedel

Kevin,

Do you have a usable seat for a 77 - 78 250 or 400 MC5?

Thanks,

Tony

Larry Perkins

I have a very good seat like that and it has just been recovered for $150 plus shipping.  E-mail me if interested.  I also have the same item in the GP seat for 75 and older and one like the saddle type on 73-75 in the same spot-very good and just recovered.

Kevin Grimes

Quotequote:
Kevin,

Do you have a usable seat for a 77 - 78 250 or 400 MC5?

Thanks,
Sorry no seats for Pentons.
              Kevin