Penton Film Trailer!

Started by mxfiles, April 11, 2014, 07:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mxfiles

Dear Poggers!

Well, this is the first post in the internet world for the trailer of the new movie. We hope this gives everyone a little peak at what's coming in June.

Remember June 9th is the premiere in Cleveland and June 17th in Hollywood. In theaters on June 20th.

Make sure everyone starts setting up screenings in their own home town by clicking on:

https://gathr.us/films/penton

And spread the word!

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=jsDLrdryBfY

Make sure you click HD settings (little gear) on YouTube player settings to 1080

Enjoy!

Todd

Dale Fisher

Todd, The link you provided didn't work for me but I found it....   Wow[:0]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsDLrdryBfY

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

SouthRider

Wow!

I just got goose bumps watching that trailer.

Made me feel like I was 18 & it was 1973 again.

Wow.............

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

jeff greenberg

Man!  This is gonna be awesome! I just sent the trailer to a bunch of people.
Jeff

454MRW

Awesome!

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
1975 Can Am 175 TNT & 77 250 Black Widow
1979 Husqvarna OR390
1976-78 RM & 77-79 PE Suzuki's
1974 CR250M 07 CR125R 79 CR250R
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Harold Slagg

Todd. Where is the Premie in Hollywood being held. I don't know if your the right person to speak to or maybe you could direct me . I retired form Warner Bros feature film 30 years worth. Where I was an art Director/Executive for all creative campaigns and trailer. All special project including Premieres and spacial events where 17 years I ran the art department. I would have loved to work on this campaign, TV spots. Also resource for distribution with the Theater chains which are most of my friends. Anything Warner Bros did it was my staff do it. Batman, Lethal Weapon,Superman and Harry Potter everything up until 2009.I Retired but my staff still consults for all the studio's and Theater chains. I was raised and raced bikes from the age of 4. My Father is 1 of the original Viewfinders district 37 club members and all the actors ,Stuntman and were all industry people. If there is any help that still needed .I would love to help. Please call. My father and I had Penton/KTM my whole life. I am part owner in a very large Printing company and do everything and anything all the way to large format which includes building wraps.Just finished Mr Peabody and working on Wolverine 2. Call me if I can assist. Harold. Slagg Jr 818-371-6143

Paul Danik

Already over 3,555 hits on the Trailer :D

Have to once again give a big thanks to Ed Youngblood for writing the John Penton book as it played a pivotal role in getting the movie project into the minds of the talented folks who are bringing it to the Big Screen....

Sure need to also give a big POG THANKS to Todd for all of his efforts, he seems to be going 24/7 to get the John Penton story ready for the Premiere..  

I am sure that many of you remember seeing On Any Sunday for the first time in your local theaters, never thought that us like minded folks would get a chance to gather once again in our theaters to celebrate what On Any Sunday spurred in many of us so many years ago..:D

The only regret is that so many of our friends who played such a vital part in the Penton story are no longer with us, folks like Dane, Al Born, Leroy Winters, Richard Sanders and many more may not be seated with us as we watch and celebrate those days, but they will surely be in our thoughts.

Paul

Kip Kern

Awesome, I passed this on to our Motorcycle club (Muddobbers MC)

rob w

I can't even begin to tell you how incredibly amazing and awesome that preview is. Before hand, I could'nt imagine what it was going to be like, and now that I've seen a glimpse,
I'm way more excited than ever about this movie.
It's with out a doubt, the coolest video I've ever seen, and that was only 4 minutes of it. I played the 3 second clip of Jeff Penton at 3:15 twenty times over, so much emotion there,
so good it makes me shiver, and almost cry with happiness.
I'm more proud than ever to be associated with this group of motorcyclist. And you associated with making this moving should be so proud of yourselves for doing such an excellent job.
Thank you, thank you.
Q - May I come to the premiere in Cleveland, (admit one) how can I make that happen.

Dale Fisher

Bawb,
I believe a number of the Kickstarter crowdfunders already have a ticket coming for one of the premiers.  In my package I was to receive two and you can be my guest :D

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Paul Danik

The Premiere viewing of the John Penton movie will take place on June 9th., that is a Monday. The venue is The Ohio Theatre located in Cleveland, Ohio. The Ohio Theatre is part of what is known as Playhouse Square, from what I have been told this is a very historic theatre district in Cleveland that is very well known. The seating capacity is 1,000 and there will be just one showing.

At this time the system to allow folks to buy tickets is not quite ready to launch, but when it is ready the details will be provided. Folks who have contributed to the funding and have tickets coming for the Premiere will be accommodated, but I do not know the mechanics of how that will occur.

The showing will be in the evening, guessing possibly 7 - 7:30 with a run time of just over two hours.

At this time the main thing to do is keep that evening free to join in this exciting event. More details will be provided just as soon as they are finalized.

Thanks,
Paul

thrownchain

Paul, do you know if there will be any pre or post movie activities?

tooclose racing

Great looking trailer and we must count ourselves fortunate that we have a passionate film guys like you Todd (and your team)to capture John Penton's story.  I suggest you work with the VMD folks and have an outdoor showing of the movie (weather permitting) on Friday night at Mid-Ohio (use the start/finish grandstands and rent whatever ya need...)OR maybe there is a theatre in Mansfield that might be willing to do a screening on that evening.  

I didn't say Saturday because I'm in Ashland Saturday night for the flat track. Selfish, huh?  Actually I'm passed out pretty early on Friday night after doing a double XC that day, but I could drink some Red Bull and get back to the track for such an occasion.

rob w

Quotequote:Originally posted by Dale Fisher
I believe a number of the Kickstarter crowdfunders already have a ticket coming for one of the premiers....

Okay great, then I already have a ticket coming thru the Kickstarter program.

Paul Danik

Dan,

At this time plans for pre and/or post movie gatherings are in the discussion and planning stages, info will be provided just as soon as such details are available.

Below is the link to the Ohio Theatre, looks to be quite a place...I wonder if we could line up a row of Pentons on that stage...:D

http://www.playhousesquare.org/plan-your-visit-main/theaters/detail/ohio-theatre

Paul