Jackpiner Choke Assembly

Started by Gary Brinton, July 12, 2002, 09:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Brinton

I've just installed a Bing back on my '72 Jackpiner.  What is the correct position of the choke lever on the handlebars.  Also, I assume the choke is "off" when the lever is pulled (i.e. the slide assembly is raised)
Thanks,
Gary Brinton

john durrill

your right Gary.
its a good idea to make a rubber band from an old inner tube and slip it over the lever in the off postion. Just in case it decides to slip down while your rideing. It seems to have a mind of its own sometimes. chuckle chuckle

Edited by - john durrill on 07/12/2002  10:46:27 PM

Edited by - john durrill on 07/12/2002  10:47:19 PM

Gary Brinton

Thanks John:

I have the choke mounted on the left side.  In this position the lever is oriented toward the back of the bike when it is off.  Is this correct?  I'll add the rubber band.

Gary

john durrill

Should be right Gary,
 it needs to be in the raised postion ( Up ) unless its in use, as it is a real choke and blocks the air passage to gain the rich mixture for starting.
 my sons piner starts first kick if we use the tickler start it and then apply the choke enough to keep it running. the temp determins how much choke and how long we leave it on on his.
John

Gary Brinton

John:
My Jackpiner had'nt seen a Bing in 29 years.  Started first kick with the tickler and choke.
Thanks,
Gary