Check out this Sachs powered bike on eBay today

Started by Steve Minor, July 15, 2002, 10:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Minor

Item #1844069148...pretty slick little Sachs bike!

Edited by - steve minor on 07/15/2002  10:47:06 AM

Edited by - steve minor on 07/15/2002  11:01:28 AM
Steve Minor

Larry Perkins

Not a Penton though.  I think by the look of the pipe a DKW or Sachs with a plastic tank and a homemade forward mount on the shocks which was common when "The Day" was just beginning to end.

OUCWBOY

Hi all!
This bike looks like it could be an enduro Monark. Only thing is the swing arm looks differnet too. Air box, pegs, forks looks like Monark.
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

rob w

The frame is very maico-like, except for the steering stops. (german influence maybe) How about a Hercules Sachs, circa 75-78. Looks like a mongrel after that. Rob.

OUCWBOY

Rob,
Although the pipe looks very DKWish, Monark used the same type exhaust. Swingarm looks kinda KTMish. Only time will tell.
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

OUCWBOY

Spoke with the seller of this bike and the serical number appears to be Monark. It's in the correct location and only 4 numbers long. This is very typical of Monark. Frame doesn't appear to be modified in any way.
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

OUCWBOY

Anybody figure out what this thing really is?

Edited by - oucwboy on 07/17/2002  01:32:46 AM
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

desmond197

It is a Monark Enduro as the frame is just like my MX but it has the up pipe. I was bidding on it but I think I will look for a nicer one. Maybe there will be one at Mid Ohio or one of the York PA Swap meets.

Larry Perkins

Monark enduros are real hard to find.  They did not sell many and even fewer srvive today.  I know a former Monark factory and Six Days rider that spent the largest part of a year trying to find one.  The pipe is a hard piece to come by if you try to convert one.

OUCWBOY

Guys,
I'm gonna bid on this number here! If anyone has any objections speak now or forever hold you peace.
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR