Limey Penton

Started by Richard Toghill, June 10, 2014, 02:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Toghill

A couple of little jobs still to do - what do you think?

Mick Milakovic

Mick

seanguthrie

She's Purdy.  All it needs now is a mud bath![:p]

74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

Richard Toghill

Just as a matter of interest, what would you guys value this at? Pretty much everything on it is new.

skiracer

Really nicely done!  

Where did you get the intake boot to fit the Mikuni carb?

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Penton 175 XC
1979 KTM 175 GS
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Richard Toghill

The air boot is a new reproduction meant for a Bing. The only way I could get it to fit was to stretch it over a beer bottle and leave it there for a couple of weeks as the rubber is incredibly stiff. After much cursing I managed to get it onto the back of the Mikuni. You will need to cut the carb down a bit to get as much room as possible. I then put the carb on the bike by removing the airbox (two bolts) put the airboot onto the carb, then onto the airbox and then put the assembled unit back into the bike (This method is a lot easier than trying to wrestle the carb on with the airbox in situ). If you are toying with the idea of fitting a Mikuni it will provide hours of amusement. On the plus side, she runs real crisp. There are a number of posts on here about fitting Mikunis - this is just the way that I got mine to fit.

skiracer

Thanks Richard!

Quotequote:Originally posted by Richard Toghill

The air boot is a new reproduction meant for a Bing. The only way I could get it to fit was to stretch it over a beer bottle and leave it there for a couple of weeks as the rubber is incredibly stiff. After much cursing I managed to get it onto the back of the Mikuni. You will need to cut the carb down a bit to get as much room as possible. I then put the carb on the bike by removing the airbox (two bolts) put the airboot onto the carb, then onto the airbox and then put the assembled unit back into the bike (This method is a lot easier than trying to wrestle the carb on with the airbox in situ). If you are toying with the idea of fitting a Mikuni it will provide hours of amusement. On the plus side, she runs real crisp. There are a number of posts on here about fitting Mikunis - this is just the way that I got mine to fit.

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Penton 175 XC
1979 KTM 175 GS
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Fred Deagostino

Beautiful ! Nice job, thanks for posting the pics.

V416 OneMoreTime
V416 OneMoreTime

Richard Toghill

Thanks for the compliments - these things are super rare in the UK. Sourcing parts was a bit of fun, thank the Lord for the internet.