152 rings needed

Started by Mark Annan, July 18, 2002, 11:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Annan

Hi guys I have a Wiseco piston for the 152cc conversion.  I need a set of std. rings for it.  Actually I just need the top ring (it was damaged over the years)  I have checked with Al and Larry.  Anyone else have one, or any leads on one?

Thanks,  Mark

john durrill

Mark ,
does the piston kit have the wiesco ring # 's use in it? if so you might be able to find out from wiesco what other pistons used the same rings and get one that way. In a post from last fall i think someone left a Name of a guy at wiesco that helped with old stock pistons and rings.
John

john durrill

Mark it took me a bit to find it but here is the posting . Gavin was the one with the # and name at wiseco
Dave, I found rings for an old wiseco piston by calling Steve at Wiseco (404) 951-6600 ext.104 and asking where I could find rings for a 168 series piston. The 168 series pistons were notorious for siezing. My boring man told me he used to refuse to bore cylinders for people that brought in Wiseco pistons. He also told me that if you did use one that you hade to bore the cylinder with more clearance than with a Mahle or Elco piston. Standard piston to cylinder clerance is .0015-.002in. I raced a 168 series Wiseco piston for a season with no problems. It was bored with .005in. clearance. The end gap on the Wiseco piston rings is considerably larger than on the stock rings. Stock end gap is .003in. The Wiseco rings will be around .010-.012in. Don't worry about it just run em. Good luck. P.S. Wiseco is making modern pistons that are a superior product, and although they aren't available for Pentons I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. When we do run out of NOS pistons I have a feeling that we'll be running modern Wiseco pistons. They have already made them for Maico and Cz vintage enthusiasts.

Hope this will help,
John D.

OUCWBOY

Mark,
get the 152 wiseco piston number and call them. I understand that AL has the complete kits and there should be a piston series number on the kit. Wiseco should be able to help.
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR