great Dual Sport ride August 9th

Started by OhioTed, July 25, 2014, 02:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OhioTed

Hey, folks.  Once again I'm speaking out on behalf of the Ohio Valley BSA Owners Club's "Reliability Run" Dual-Sport ride, taking place Saturday, August 9th.  

The Reliability Run is part of the OVBSAOC's 33rd Annual Rally, and it's a heck of nice event all the way around.  In addition to the Dual Sport, there is modern/vintage Observed Trials, Field Games, a bike show, themed, guided road rides, a swap meet, camping, and much, much more.  

This is a particularly nice DS ride for several reasons.  First, the route takes riders all over SE Ohio's Jefferson County, which is just about tailor-made for motorcycling, with miles and miles of awesome dirt, gravel, and twisty paved roads.  And, this ride provides bypasses for all the trail sections.  So, if you a more-serious rider on a more-serious bike, you'll find plenty to challenge you.  However, older riders and/or older bikes, and/or "Adventure"-sized bikes can also enjoy a great ride without the rougher stuff.

Check it all out here:  http://www.ohiovalleybsaownersclub.com/Site/forum2/events/216-33rd-annual-rally-august-8th-10th-2014  And here:  http://www.ohiovalleybsaownersclub.com/Site/forums/the-reliability-run-dual-sport-ride

And it's all very inexpensive.  Five bucks admission to the Rally, or Eight bucks if you want to camp.  Ten bucks to ride the event, plus another ten bucks for a super cool, commemorative t-shirt.  

Hope to see you there!

paul a. busick

OK fellow POGERS, here'e another chance to have a day of fun on your scooter.  If you have run in this event you know how much fun it is and if you haven't shame on you.  I will guarantee a ride you will talk about for sometime to come.  Bring a new ride or an old one and make it look like it is street legal.  The local constabulary is not out to cause a problem as long as you don't do stupid.  Ted Guthrie does a wounderful job of laying out the run and puts a lot of time do it.  So let's support the OVBSA Club and Ted.  See you there Amherst Paul [:p]

johnacapp

Ted/Paul,
I am planing on riding the RR run, I will be alone, any chance I could tag along with one of your groups???
John Capp

OhioTed

Absolutely, John!  And, I'm glad you asked.  Because - we're following a different format for the August run.  No timing, and no trophies.  Instead, you just sign up, leave when you want, ride at whatever pace you choose, and stop any time you feel like it.  At the end, all participants get a commemorative pin and sticker.

We're doing this because we realized that only about 5% of our riders are making any effort at all to keep time.  And, at the last event only about half of the riders who earned trophies even bothered to pick them up!  So, we figured why not just dispense with the time-keeping and instead give everyone a little something to remember the ride by.

What are you going to be riding, John?

Richard Colahan

Ted!!! No more time keeping????
First the National Enduros, and now the OVBSAOC RR????
Say it isn't so!!!!

Oh well...nothing stays the same forever.
It's still a great day's ride, for vintage or modern bikes.

And let the record show that the last true (August Rally) RR in 2013 was won BY A BSA.
With zero minutes...and zero seconds lost.

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

seanguthrie

That's smack in the middle of Moto GP weekend in Indianapolis.  One of these years.

74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

johnacapp

Ted,
I will be riding my 2009 KLX 250(red)
Can you e-mail me on my yahoo e-mail
[email protected]
and we can exchange contact numbers etc.

Looking forward to meeting and taging along with your group.

FYI I am one of those guys that didn't pick up there trophy? I heard I got  the 3rd place in the Penton group at spring ride.
John Capp

OhioTed

Sean, Sean, Sean.  Do you want to RIDE bikes, or do you want to watch OTHER people ride bikes?  Come out and RIDE with us!

OhioTed

YEP!  And you did it in fine style, Richard!  
Quotequote:Originally posted by Richard Colahan

Ted!!! No more time keeping????
First the National Enduros, and now the OVBSAOC RR????
Say it isn't so!!!!

Oh well...nothing stays the same forever.
It's still a great day's ride, for vintage or modern bikes.

And let the record show that the last true (August Rally) RR in 2013 was won BY A BSA.
With zero minutes...and zero seconds lost.

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

seanguthrie

Ted I'd so be there if I didn't have 15 of my closest friends camping in my back yard this weekend. :)

74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

paul a. busick

The time grows nigh for the OVBSA RELIABILITY RUN.  If you can't be there, then TOO BAD on ya.  You will be missing OHIO'S motorcyclings best kept secret. So bring you smiley face and all you friends to a fun day of riding and some of Ohio's great scenery. The only thing that could ruin this event, is the weather. Hope to see you there. :D Amherst Paul

Wardie

It sounds crazy to say "Unfortunately I have to cover the Indy Mile and Moto GP this weekend" because I'd rather be hanging with everybody and playing in the dirt. I had the opportunity to do this ride and the Prince of Darkness ride many years ago and it was a blast. I hear this could be the last for Moto GP because of the new track in Texas. I'll find out more Friday when I'm in Indy.

Have fun I'll be thinking of you guys and the ride :) Wardie

OhioTed

Sean, I called each of your friends and they all said they want you to go riding.  Said they'll be fine without you.  'Sides don't you want to come over and ride with me so we can be "Team Guthrie"?

I'm headed down there tomorrow morning to finish up work on the course.  Weather looks good, and I KNOW we've got a good trail.  Ride it, guys.  No tellin' how long we'll be able to keep this up.

seanguthrie

Next year I will be there Ted.  I should have my 71' TR25w done for the ride too.  How much off road/on road split is there.  I won't get left behind on a 250 would I?

74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213