Restoring V032,parts needed

Started by Rick Penno, October 24, 2014, 10:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Penno

Going to start bringing back to life V032 - 68 six days.Following is a list of correct parts that I am looking to start with.Throttle,clutch and choke cable,choke lever,foot pegs,parts for the inside of headlight,rear fender and shocks.Would prefer NOS or really good used.May look at quality reproduction if needed.I appreciate anything on the list that you guys can help with or point me in a direction where I may be able to locate.   Thanks Rick Penno

Rick Penno

Still looking for any parts or direction. I wanted to include an email where I can be reached at.
[email protected]

Rick Penno

Thanks for the response,picked up a choke cable on e bay.Is this the correct choke lever for a 68? As far as the fenders,how close are these to the originals,width,length and arch? I really doubt I will find NOS fenders but I would like to get it back to as close to original as reasonably possible.

Thanks Rick

tofriedel

Rick,

The only fenders you can buy that are as close to originals are those that Parmabike sells.  They are manufactured in Italy by the same manufacturer that made the fenders on the 1st Pentons produced.

Tony
Tony

gooddirt

The 1968 OEM rear fender is longer than 1969 onward, maybe 10 in. or so....

slvrbrdfxr

Hi Rick,
My 68 Steeltanker V044 has the original choke lever on it and looks exactly like the lower one Bob posted pictures of except for it has a white plastic lever instead of black. I'm thinking you'll be hard pressed to find one with a white lever and so better get one of these that Bob is offering.
Dave McC

Keith Meatyard

So it looks like 68's had alloy rims?  Why would the factory change to steel in 69 - 71?

Keith Meatyard
Keith Meatyard

Rick Penno

rob w,I appreciate the pictures they will be a big help,and the offer on the choke levers.Could you e mail me at [email protected] and we can get the levers figured out.Also I am looking for the left and right side foot pegs,if anybody can help you can contact me by e mail,thanks in advance.

Rick Penno