2014 ISDE

Started by skiracer, October 30, 2014, 07:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiracer

Have you guys heard?  The USA shipping container has been held up in customs all week.  They are "hoping" to receive it some time today..... Sounds like someone doesn't want us to do well down there...

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Penton 175 GS
1976 Penton 250 GS
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

G Ellis

That is the way it is. It is all about the money. This year you had to list and wiegh each item that was in your box.Then put a value on it. Everything going in has to accounted for when shipping back to the states. In Mexico container got held up and AMA had to cough up 20,000 to get it out of costumes. I am sure it will be at least that much this year. It is going to be there tonight or in the morning on Friday.

Dale Fisher

ISDE Argentina 1st day results.
Trophy, France , USA, Australia, Spain, Germany, Argentina.
Juniors: Australia, France, Sweden, USA, Chile, Germany, Argentina.
Ladies: Australia, USA, Canada

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Mick Milakovic

I read on Facebook that Zach Osborne had bike failure.  Is he out for the remainder?

Mick
Mick

brian kirby

Yes, he is out with an electrical failure.

Brian
Brian

rd400pi

How does this happen on a modern bike, much less one that has been prepped for the ISDE?  These aren't old MotoSplats.

Mike

Dave Withrow

maybe they should be

brian kirby

Someone on the Trophy team in the last few years had an electrical DNF also, it was a wire that got pinched (probably during prep) and it shorted out the CDI. I have not heard specifically what happened to Osborne.

It also looks like Charlie Mullins had a problem as he dropped 10 or so minutes, Team USA sits in 4th after day 2. We are less than a minute out of 3rd but over 6 minutes behind Australia in 2nd.

Brian
Brian

Dale Fisher

It's good to see Corey back and competing on the Club Beta Team.  We'll miss seeing him in KTM orange and he was also a great addition to Team Pentonvarna at VMD.  His presence at the POG tent always brought some interest from the younger folks.  Anyone still have one of his signed posters?

From the ISDE social media page:
Cory Buttrick continues to light up the trails and special tests after Day 2. The Ohioan had been plagued with injuries and it's great to see he's back in action. Nicholas Burson and John Kelley hold us steady at 2nd and 4th overall. Congrats guy keep it rolling!

Dale Fisher
Mudlark Registry

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

hankthecrank

Rock On Cory! This young man rides , no matter the brand , he is one of the few who is born to ride, Yes he has had some injuries and this has slowed him down, I think of Danny Magoo, born to ride, crashed too many times. Hang tough Cory, ride a little smarter, ride a little longer. Good Luck! Yes , I still have my signed pitboard. Hank

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

Bob Bean

Sad News... Mr. ISDE Jeff Fredette DNF for the first time.  Dust conditions so bad...  He rebuilt his bike, but still could not get it to start...    
   Riders were still missing late in the day, as they were doing search's in the Argentina desert for missing bikes/riders.
  I know Jeff is heart broken and that he gave it 120% effort !
Bob Bean

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

Dale Fisher

Here is a nice thread to follow.  Great story which starts on page one and continues to recent photos and information [8D]

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1018912&page=9

Corey Buttrick from the thread.

Dale Fisher
Mudlark Registry

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

rob w

Dale Fisher

From the author of the Avrider thread.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1018912&page=14

November 7, 2014

Quite an amazing final day here in Argentina, with the culmination of the Six Days, and all remaining U.S. riders competing in their respective Final Motos. Due to time and bandwidth here at the hotel, pictures will be limited, but I have so many great ones and stories that I would like to share, so I promise to work on them in the next week as I make the transition back to real life.

The U.S. was more than well represented at the Final Moto today. In the first moto of the day which included all remaining C1 riders, Josh pulled off a hard fought overall win, and I do admit, it was so fun (and nerve-wracking) to watch.

In the C2 class, it was a total moto sweep with Gary Sutherlin, Andrew Delong, Alex Dorsey, and Cody Schafer running 1-4.

In the C3 class moto, it was Team USA rider Cory Buttrick taking the holeshot and completely walking away from the competition for the overall win.

In the E2 class, Kailub Russell ripped the holeshot, and led the entire race from start to finish. Junior Trophy rider Justin Jones had a good start but got tangled up with another rider, and had to pick his bike up and start from the back of the pack. It was so fun watching him work like a man on a mission carving around riders towards the front again. He is smoking fast on the track and I guarantee had he not gone down, he would have been battling it out with Russell for the overall win.

In E3, Mike Brown pulled the holeshot on his big Husky 501, and put on a show that reminded everyone why he is a former MX 125 National Champion. However, Taylor Robert wanted to have a shot at the front and he eventually worked around Australia's Toby Price and made up some ground on Brown, but it wasn't enough as Brown took the E3 overall win.

The World Trophy Team tied their best finish yet again (last year), by taking the second spot on the podium as a runner up to France. The Junior Trophy Team secured the overall win in the Junior Trophy division, which hasn't been done by the U.S. since 2006. The Women's Trophy Team finished third overall.

Club riders finished incredibly strong as well with Cory Buttrick taking the overall C3 class for the week. In C2, US Riders swept the first five positions (Gary Sutherlin, Andrew Delong, Cody Schafer, Alex Dorsey, and Ben Kelley respectively) and Josh Knight taking 2nd overall in the C1 division.

Thank you everyone for the interest and support. I feel like a kid on the night after Christmas morning, with all of the letdown that something you have been looking forward to for months is now over. It's been amazing!

Dale Fisher
Mudlark Registry

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
Dale Fisher