Penton Jerseys

Started by rcrump1, July 23, 2002, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike OReilly

WOW, 1710+ hits on this post! Clearly there must be a demand for this style of jersey.
The subject of doing this jersey was brought up at the POG meeting on February 7 at the AMA. Scott Brogan, who did the very succesful POG Six Days Reunion shirt was present at that time and expressed an interest in doing this style. Given what he came up with for the ISDTRR, it shouldn't be too big a stretch for him.
In terms of trademark infringement, Mr. Penton was present at the meeting, and did not appear to object to this kind of thing. Indeed it looked more like he is flattered and amazed by the enthusiam and interest after all  these years. The only other legal issue from the POG perspective is tax status - apparently POG at the moment cannot generate any revenue beyond annual dues. Ed Youngblood addresed this issue and apparently is in the process of having the tax status changed.
Whether it is done in conjunction with POG, or independently by a member, it would appear to be an idea whose time has come.
Mike

TGTech

I have a bunch of Penton jerseys that I'm planning to E-bay out for my mom. She had a whole suitcase full of them, and told me that I could have half the take if I sold them for her. So keep your eyes open.

Dane

tmc3c

WHEN???? Just Sell me a xxl& skip e-bay!!:D

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Speedy

QuoteOriginally posted by tmc3c

The jersey I had in the 70's was made of some kind of "shiney" close weaved material,like some sort of nylon. And was lettered in a school bus yellow on a 6-day green.Does anybody know who placed the first order in the 70's and where they were bought?

Thomas Carmichael

Doug Wilford should know but he is to old to remember,...:D[}:)]:DSpeedy------->>>>>>>
But I,...have one right in front of me,...Long sleeves lovely green,
light GOLD Penton lettering,cuffs and neckborder.Just took pics of it and will make them available.Now thats,...SPEEDY-------->>>>>>>>:D[}:)]:D

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
Zuendapp 125 GS ISDT repl.73
KTM 450 EXC Auto.03
Duke spec.Edit,1996
Adventurer 02

Admin

jackpinejim

JL welcome to Pogland! im interested in speedodrive for a jackpiner. my e-mail  [email protected]  also any jersy you have left.

Steve Minor

I bought a nice looking Penton jersey from Metro Racing for the 2003 ISDTRR. It's black with yellow PENTON across the chest and down both sleeves. I think it's also available in green, blue and red. They are cotton and run small so I ordered one size larger and it fits great. Peg Miller is the contact person I dealt with and I'm very pleased.

The web address is //www.metroracing.com
Steve Minor