Penton paw paw needs help

Started by lukeh, January 02, 2015, 06:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukeh

I have a Penton V1980, in need of a complete engine to fix with grandsons. So I can ride with them and then pass it on to them in the future. Saw one on EBay but needed help in getting it delivered close to Hendersonville nc if I was to win the bid. Any help would be so appreciated for an engine and delivery. Thanks Lukeh

Larry
Larry

Paul Danik

Larry,

First off, welcome to the Penton Owners Group message board family.

I see you are in North Carolina, is that correct? If so, what major town are you near? Lots of folks will be heading south for Bike Week, if you are near any major highways delivery should be a lot easier.

Just how much of an engine project are you looking for? Do you have the pipe for the Penton, if so is the end that mounts to the engine square or round?  Square exhaust means it had a cast iron cylinder, round end means an alloy cylinder. Sometimes the pipe and engine got switched out over the years so what is "supposed" to be in that chassis may not be what was last in it, hence the question about the pipe.  

What color is the gas tank? Red, 100cc Berkshire, Green, 125cc Six-Day, or ??

Neat that you are working with your Grandsons  :)

paul

lukeh

I need a complete engine. I live close to Greenville, South Carolina and Asheville, North Carolina in between the two cities. My gas tank is green with a round pipe, radial aluminum head. Thank you for your help. When is bike week and where?  Larry H

Larry Hudson
Larry

Paul Danik

Larry,

Bike week is in Daytona Beech, Fl. and I think it starts around March 6th. this year.

My guess is that your Penton's engine had a 5 speed transmission and the proper engine would be referred to as a 125cc Sachs 5A engine. Possibly you are already very much aware of all this, just trying to help make sure you get exactly what you need.

Paul

lukeh

Hi paul the bike did have the five speed What year would the v1980 fall under? email about the parts bike in Berlin ct no feed back goes off today. will keep looking. LARRY

Larry Hudson
Larry

johnborn

v2420 is a 1970 purchased new in may 1970.