Aluminum after market swing arms for Penton's

Started by ddominik, July 25, 2002, 03:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddominik

Any of you Pentonites interested in aluminum aftermarket swing arms?

My name is Dom Dominik and we at: //www.VMXpert.com
are getting ready to develop our next group of swingarm products.
I'm soliciting your input as to what Penton models would be candidates for aluminum swingarms.    Also, what swingarms are common to several models ... if any.
Last ... need POG expert contacts to answer questions.

Thanks

Dom Dominik
VMXpert Performance Products
//www.vmxpert.com
Longmont, Colorado

Dom
Dom

Monty

I would be interested in one for my 78 KTM MC400 ???

imported_n/a

Dom, would an aftermarket swingarm on a '74 250 Penton run afoul of AHRMA rules?

Glenn

metalkfab

Silver paint would cover any infraction of the rules---HE HE.  Also,at VMD there was a Penton already running in the races with a trick looking alum. swingarm.

Edited by - metalkfab on 07/25/2002  5:50:54 PM

rob w

Hi Dom , I saw that swingarm, if that is yours, congradulations! Very nicely done. I am going to butcher this mans name, because I only recently started following vintage, it was Ballentine or Vallentine, sorry man. He definitely got my award for trickest Penton.  Dom, give us some details, like type of bearings, type of chain adjusters, I noticed it had only one position for shock placement. How much $$'s.  Make mine for a "75" 400. Thanks alot, Bob.

rob w

Hi Glenn, how's it going. Remember that DG and some others made after- market swingarms for the earliest el'snores & RM's. So if they use them, everyone can. Are you almost ready to fire it up? good luck, Bob.
 p.s. At first it seemed odd, on a Penton? You instantly lose the classic style.

Edited by - rob w on 07/25/2002  9:30:03 PM

ddominik

Monty, Glenn, metalkfab, Rob
Thanks for your interest and quick replies.

AHRMA Eligibility .... both "DG" and "Crossup" had aluminum swing arms "pre 74" .... I have photos.

Rob ... thanks for the compliment  ... we spent 6 months in design and test.   Also, please read through the web site pages ... there are options for bearing materials from hard aircraft quality nylon to needle bearings.

As for the shock mount it was designed to allow for custom location.   Shock mount location flexibility was one of the "must have" design features for our swingarm products.

Currently we do not have a design to incorporate multiple holes along the swingarm.    However is the interest and commitment ($$$$) are there VMXpert is ready.

Again thanks ... I hope this info helps

TBC (to be continued)

Dom
VMXpert PP

Dom
Dom

imported_n/a

Dom, my next project after firing up my '72 125 is a '74 250.  I'm looking for a swingarm for it, so maybe there's some of the demand you're looking for.  Please keep us Poggers posted on how you're going to proceed.  Thanks.  Glenn

john durrill

Dom,
 can you supply replacement swing arm bearings for the orignal 72-74 100,125
Pentons?
 i know at least two in the group now are in need and none seem to be had in the states
John Durrill

OUCWBOY

I'd be interested in a couple for 72-74 Penton 125 and a 75 Mint 400 and a 76 Six Day 125 w/KTM motor.
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

ddominik

OUCWBOY

...been watching this site for two days .... Your guys are obsessed!

.... I'll try to round up some 72 – 74 frames for measurements ... any volunteers?    I'll pay postage both ways.

Thanks

Dom

Dom
Dom

mad max

HI DOM
    There is also interest over here in the UK please keep me posted albeit for KTM's from early 70's
          MAX.

OUCWBOY

Hi Dom!
There is another person living in this house who calls it a sickness! I call it fun. Where are you located. I'm in Southern California so there may be someone closer. I would be willing to send a frame to you, I have about 3 or 4 not in use.
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

OUCWBOY

Dom,
boy do I feel stupid. I see that you are in CO.
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Larry Perkins

Dom,

I got your phone message and I will call you back a little later today after your morning thing is done.  I have a NOS 72 frame and an NOS 74 frame.  These should help you get acurate measurements.