Very Special POG meeting

Started by Paul Danik, July 27, 2002, 07:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

The next meeting of the POG will be at 7 PM Thursday, August 1 at the KTM building in Amherst.  Besides the  "normal" meeting agenda, we will be given a presentation by Ed Youngblood.  Ed has given this presentation before at the Annual Southwest Pop Culture Conference to over 1,000 attendees.  The purpose of the presentation was to expose the academic community to motorcycle history and technology, and specifically the influence of John Penton, Edison Dye, and Bruce Brown. Ed said the presentation was well recieved and will be published in the proceedings of the American Popular Culture Association. I am sure that all who attend will go home with a much more indepth understanding of the history of the sport that we all love.
POG roving reporter Luap Kinad

Doug Wilford

Luap, has done it again, and he isn't pulling your chain!   The meeting this month will be very exciting in many ways, with Eds presentation and further discussion and plans for the POG Tour to KTMs 50th Anniversary Festival, in Austria.   All interested parties please send for your information at POG P.O. Box 756 Amherst, OH 44001

3putt

Paul,
Do you know anybody going that has a video recorder and tripod to make a tape of the presentation.  I would think you need to get the speakers approval in a written note to do so, but, also suspect he would agree.
I just purchased my first project bike, intend on joining POG, but can NOT make the 8-1 meeting.  Would love to see and hear it  thru a video tape, even if not up to Hollywood standards.  I suspect there are many that can not attend and feel the same as I do.   Let us all know if this can be accomplished, so we know where to buy a copy. Best Wishes,  Nelson   3putt

wnm

Paul Danik

Nelson,
   Yours is the second request that I have recieved today about recording Ed's presentation.  I will see what I can do.
Paul