Penton first???

Started by 242, April 20, 2015, 01:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Could be a Penton first? Just seen a Penton GS-6 in Playboy, looks to be 1977 400. Fellow past on and his ashes were shot out of a cannon on his farm in Woody Creek. Colorado. The ashes descended on2 his neighbors potato field of Woody Creek Distillers where there distilled in2 potato Vodka. Also a nice Ducati Scrambler write up and something about a little blue pill??? Potato Vodka??? I'll bet DKW Tom knows about that Penton.

Jason Rowland

Well, it could be a Penton first, but probably a lot of folks missed seeing the bike.  You know...with all the fantastic articles that beacon of literary excellence provides it would be easy to miss. Hopefully you didn't catch sight of anything else in that issue that starts with the letters P,E,N....

Farmjohnny

The fellow who owned the Penton was Hunter S. Thompson a journalist and a friend of Johnny Depp.

Jason Rowland

If you do a search for "Hunter S Thompson Penton", the photo will pop right up.  I'm not sure if Mr. Thompson owned any earlier Pentons, but if he did, it would explain my father's fondness for the brand.  I can't imagine what a Thompson fan might pay for that bike, but I'm guessing a sum just as insane as its owner.