New pop quiz

Started by tmc3c, July 31, 2002, 10:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

ROB, YOU ARE DA MAN!!!!!!!do you have this copy or did you just know it?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

imported_n/a

Hey, Bob, you dog, you.  Great job on getting the answer.  I just went into the basement and found the February '73 issue of Cycle Illustrated, which carries an article entitled, "Mother Russia's Motocross Boys."  The Russian factory team in '72 was Moisseev, Kavinov, Rulev and Kibirine, and the article closes with a statement about the team riding KTM in '73.  The first three are familiar names, and would have been my final answer.  Nice job, guys.  My wife often tells me I'm a little slow getting things done.  I think she's right.

Glenn

rob w

Hi Thomas, Glenn, all. I knew Guennady was one , so I gave him a call to get the others names. Just kid'n. I have never thrown out, or lost very much since 71, if it was smaller than, or equal to the size of a Cycle News, I kept it. I wish I could say that about the 33 motorcycles that are now gone. I have "Keeping Track" issues 2,9,10-11,12,13,14,15,17,18,19,21 and 25. Most all of the "Cycle News" for 72,73,74,75. The first 4 years of "Dirt Bike" and the first 2 or so years of "Motocross Action" with a few missing here and there. I moved across the country(Mich. to Cal.) twice as a teenager, lugging those things around. People would always say "why do you have that stuff?". My wife always said, "when are you going to throw those things away?". Until recently when I showed her that a copy of "Dirt Bike" was up to $60 on ebay, then she said "COOL". I was thinking that this winter I would like to make up a collection of Penton articles out of all these cycle news, maybe bind them together, and give them to the interested members. Back when, I went to see the Czechs racing in the Inter-am at Zoar & Delta like Falta, Velky, Baborovsky, but I don't remember any Russian"s. Oh! thats right, they probably were'nt allowed to visit the US, they may have not returned. I love talking about those old races, but I should keep my replies to under a page, so with that, ya'all have a good one. Bob.

tmc3c

Hey Rob when you are reading those 74,75 CYCLE NEWS look for any flat track races in S.C. & G.A. look at the 125cc class and I should be there on a PENTON!!!!!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

rob w

Yemmassee, S.C. March 17,1974.  In the main event it was Carmichaels turn as he slashed his green Penton into the first turn to lead the pack, in the third lap Bethout slipped by and again opened a good lead, Amundson diced with Carmichael but had to settle for third. Pretty cool eh Thomas? I'll have to find one where you won next time.

tmc3c

Hey Rob you know what you get with a sachs transmission when it is new off the showroom floor? SECOND PLACE!!! The PENTONS I raced were box stock except for handlebars and front spool wheel,and for a little extra I ran GOLD BLENDZALL!!! ooh I loved the smell! And on half mile tracks a down swept pipe. Thanks for bringing me back to life it was a BLAST!! if you dig around more there is some from Charleston too!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Larry Perkins

I guess the old saying is true for us all.  

The Older I get The Faster I Was.

tmc3c

Larry, YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH!!! Can you remember the smell of BLENDZALL?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler