74 250 HS / GS

Started by Scott Sappington, May 26, 2015, 10:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Sappington

I want to send out a big thanks to Gary Ellis & Al B. and a thanks to those who answered my posts regarding my clutch questions. I installed a upgraded actuator arm assy from Al, bugged Gary to death, don't want to jinx myself but I believe I got it! Motion Pro custom cable, New fiber & steel kit, actuator plate and OEM arm. The pull is unbelievable. Feels close to my "74 Japan bike". Some pics to follow with some help from Dale. Can't wait to get this bike out to the track. I do bunch of Vintage MX & a bit of X.C. down here in Florida. Check out Sunshine State Vintage MX. Thanks All, Scotty "RAT"

Dale Fisher

Great job Scott, hope to see some action pictures in the near future!

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Scott Sappington

Thanks Dale for posting the pics for me. Shifts into first easy, back into neutral easy, ran thru the gears up & down my street a few times before the retiree's call the cops. No sense of humor in Largo Florida. Largo does mean "slow"! The SSVMX is a Non-Profit racing club here in Fla. Thought I'd mention that! Scotty "Rat"

johnacapp

Scott,
I have a 74 250 HS that I would like to update the clutch plates,
I have the original "Cintar"(spelling?) type, you listed in your post you installed "New fiber & steel kit" Can you or anyone on site tell where I can get updated clutch plates for my bike?
John Capp