six days air leak

Started by James Niebrzydowski, June 13, 2015, 09:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Niebrzydowski

I have a 72 six days with a bing carburetor and its sucking air where it connects to the cylinder any ideas on a fix. Its a 27 mm with the original gasket like material where it connects to the cylinder and its very tight to put on. The bike starts easy and idles good but runs erratic and when I spray carburetor cleaner at the cylinder manafold it stalls the motor. any suggestions?

Dom Sileo

If the intake rubber is worn , dry rotted and leaking air, the best thing to do in my opinion is replace it. Attempting to correct dry rotted rubber is not a great option. Or simply replace the gasket if that where it leaking air. Not a good idea to continue to un the bike. The extra air entering the cylinder can lead to a lean condition and fry your top end.

James Niebrzydowski

Theirs no rubber , its some gasket material that is built into the carburetor . It might be replaceable. I might try soaking it in gas .

Mickey Sergeant

It's a fiber bushing that slips in the carb. There is also a sealing ring behind the bushing toward the slide side. Go to penton parts ebay and nos will have new one's

Mickey

Mickey Sergeant

Thats genuine nos, there spendy,

James Niebrzydowski

Thanks Mickey.
found them on ebay . I had a question if mine was cracked or the slot in the fiber bushing was supposed to be there the new ones have the slot. I am soaking it in gas to see if it brings it back to life.