Al Buehner's dad passes

Started by ALB, July 23, 2015, 05:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALB

Hi everyone. Just a heads up to let you know that my dad passed away last night at the age of 97. The business will be shut down Monday and Tuesday next week to allow Dale and I to tend to the funeral.

My family is truly blessed. About 2 months ago dad had some health issues that left him with no appetite. This led to him losing weight to the point where he was down to skin and bones. Last Friday Dale took him in for a doctor's appointment. They discovered a tumor in his intestines and placed him in the hospital where he remained until his demise. His body was shutting down and because of that, it was too risky for the doctors to operate. It was his time to go, he knew it, and accepted it. During his stay he had many visitors from family members and his friends. He was alert, in no pain,and in good spirits, cracking jokes with his visitors and the hospital staff. He was definitely not the run of the mill patient you would expect to see occupying a bed. The family members began to refer to it being the death bed comedy hour. With him being alert, allowed everyone's last goodbye to be accepted and acknowledged plus we were able co-ordinate any last minute wishes with him for his funeral (which was prepaid and planned back in 1997).

All and all a wonderful experience that I am grateful to have witnessed. There is more to this story that is being written by one of his friends (his eulogy) which I will post when it becomes available. He was an amazing man who touched a lot of lives and all the family members are proud of him. :)

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

454MRW

God blesses each of us in his own special way, your dad must have been a truly blessed person. Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1978 KTM 250'S
1975 Can Am 175 TNT 250 conversion
1976-78 125-400 RM's & 79 PE250 Suzuki & 2012 DR650
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

chicagojerry

God Bless you and the rest of the family. i should be so lucky when my time comes to be as accepting. Godspeed.

firstturn

Al,
  You and your Family are in my Prayers.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Andreas Piepke

Al,

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Please accept my condolences.

Andreas
\\\'73 Penton Hare Scrambler
\\\'73 Norton Commando
\\\'77 Maico 440 GS

Mike Schulz

Al and Dale,
We are so sorry for your loss and send our condolences.
Mike and Karen Schulz

Bud Green

Al Dale
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR Dad.

Bud and Pat Green

rd400pi

Al and Dale,
  Sorry to hear about your dad passing.  I can only imagine a 97 year old fella regaling the nurses with tales of the day.  I'm almost afraid to ask if he had a twirled-up mustache.  Sounds like you guys are a strong family.

Mike H.

Daniel P. McEntee

Please accept my condolences Al and Dale. I agree you witness a special event, and I think that both of you, from having met you and dealt with you briefly, and definitely your fathers sons, and a tribute to him also. This sounds like a life well lived and lived to the fullest, and he has truly gone on to his reward and you shall see him again some day.
   Sincerely,
   Dan McEntee

stumpjumper

sorry for your loss al.havent met you guys personally yet but have talked to you on the phone quite a bit for parts.sorry!

rich skeweris
rich skeweris

Dale Fisher

Al and Dale,
I am very sorry to hear of your loss.  Our thoughts will be with your family as he completes his journey.

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Tom Murphy

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the family Al. Thanks for sharing with us. Tom & Deanna

Tom Murphy
'73 250 Hare Scrambler
'74 250 Hare Scrambler
'73 125 six day
'73 Berkshire 100
'74 125 six day
'74 Mint 400
'74 Maico 440
'72 Mudlark
'81 RM125
'82 RM250
Tom Murphy
\\\'73 250 Hare Scrambler
\\\'74 250 Hare Scrambler
\\\'73 125 six day
\\\'73 Berkshire 100
\\\'74 125 six day
\\\'74 Mint 400
\\\'74 Maico 440
\\\'72 Mudlark
\\\'81 RM125
\\\'82 RM250

ALB

Dale and I gratefully accept your condolences.
No, my dad never had a mustache. He was a clean cut self made business man that wore a suit and tie most of his life.
He started his Buehners Office Supply Company around 1954 with about $50 in capital out of the trunk of his car. He built the company up from virtually nothing through hard work, sacrafice, and perseverance. I became involved with the business before there were child labor laws. My brother Dale came on board after graduating from high school. We bought him out in the mid 80's where he retired. In the 90's he became involved with a dance group called the "Raisin' Canes" at the local senior center. This was a major shift in his life where he discovered his reason for being on this earth plane. Up until last year when he made the decision to retire from the dance group (his body was no longer able to keep up with his mind), he had a reason to get up out of bed each morning. This is why he lived such a long and enjoyable life. His dance director is writing up his life story. As soon I get a copy of it I will post it on this link to share it with you. It is an amazing story.  :D

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Mike Korgan

Very sorry for your loss.
Mike Korgan

slvrbrdfxr

Al and Dale,
My deepest sympathy to you and your entire family.
Dave McCullough