Al Buehner's dad passes

Started by ALB, July 23, 2015, 05:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

Thank you Al, Dale, And Mr. Beuhner.  You have all touched our lives and we are blessed by your friendship.

Mick
Mick

hankthecrank

Al and Dale. I'm  sorry to hear this news, but I'm glad you had those last moments with him. We are praying for your family. Hank and Elaine.

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

Al Martin

Our thought & prayers are with you.
The Martin family

Lew Mayer

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Kip Kern

Al, Dale and family
So sorry to hear the news, will be sure to keep you and your families in our prayers.

rob w

Al, Dale, and Buehner family
My condolences that you lost your father, I'll be thinking of you all, take care.
Bob Wardlow

Rocket

Al and Dale
Very sorry to hear about your loss.  He must have been a great man, he raised two fine boys.
Rod G

johnborn

So sorry to read this.our thoughts are with you.

paul a. busick

Dear Al & Dale,  I'm so sorry to hear of your fathers passing. You were truly bless to have such a dad.  From the stories that you have told, he was a man of great character and must have really enjoyed life.  May the good memories of his last days stay with you and the family forever.  Your friend, Paul

PJM

Dear Al,

Your words clearly describe the respect and admiration that you have for your father and the positive and humorous role model he was for you, your family and his friends. Thank you for sharing this news with us. I am inspired by your strength and positiveness at this time of your loss.  May you, Dale, your family, and your father's friends continue to celebrate your father's rich and enduring life, as well as the comfort he provided for all those around him even until the last hours of his life.

My sincerest sympathy,
Pat Mickevicius

Pat Mickevicius

jeff greenberg

Al and Dale,
So so sorry to read of your loss. Will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Jeff

Wardie

Al;

It is with deepest sympathies that I read about the passing of your Dad. Someone once said the judge of a man is to look at those he leaves behind... and those lives he has touched... your Dad is well regarded in all matters. It is with my sincere condolences that I wish your Dad Godspeed. Larry Ward

ALB

Thank you all for your condolences. The following is the eulogy for my dad.

Frank Buehner, 97 was Aiming for 100
Senior Cleveland Entertainer's dream was
to "pass up George Burns"
by Judy Martins

Audiences across Northeast Ohio, young and old alike, will fondly remember Frank "Maurice" Buehner for his successful 16-year run with the Raisin' Canes, senior vaudeville dancers from the Smallwood
Senior Center in Parma. He energetically performed his spot-on Maurice Chevalier solo routine well over 1,000 times, dazzling the ladies with his uncanny resemblance to the French star and his charming smile and hugs. He danced and kibitzed his way into their hearts to the song, "I'm Glad I'm not Young Anymore."

Many enter show business at an early age, but NOT many have launched a career on the boards at age 80. In 1999 he visited the Smallwood Center in search of a pinochle game, and made a wrong turn into
the large mirrored room where the Raisin' Canes were rehearsing. The delighted group handed him a cane, locked the door, and began teaching him their vaudeville dance routines. The rest is history. He'd always loved dancing, but never dreamed he was destined to become be a tap-dancing vaudeville star in his 80s and 90s. He loved to perform. Off stage, he'd often begin chatting with strangers in area restaurants while having supper, and ultimately be on his feet doing "Maurice," leading them in song. The smiling waitresses and other diners would break into applause, just loving the fun.
Entertaining with the Raisin' Canes at countless events and facilities over the years, he was especially inspired and gratified during performances at nursing homes by the brightened, smiling faces of the residents. Their delight, grateful appreciation and hugs were "what he lived for."

Frank was fifth in a family of 10 children, growing up during the Great Depression on Cleveland's east side, near League Park. For entertainment, he and his friends would gather outside with catcher's mitts during Indians' games, hoping to catch a long fly or home run ball—and he had an amazing collection! He remained a loyal and fervent fan of all Cleveland teams throughout his lifetime.

Immediately after the attack on Pearl Harbor he enlisted in the U. S. Navy. He served from 1941 thru 1945,on the Commander's Flagship, LSM 54, in 7 major and 10 minor Pacific campaigns, including the major battle at Leyte Gulf (formerly known as the Second Battle of the Philippine Sea, and generally considered to be the largest naval battle of World War II and, by some criteria, possibly the largest naval battle in history).

Frank earned an Accounting Degree from Fenn College, and in 1949 married Arlene Seelye, a lovely nursing graduate from St. Johns College. He started his own business, Consumers Products, which
later became Buehner's Office Supplies at West 58th and Detroit, during which time he served as Director of the National Office Machine Dealers Association, and officer of Cleveland Office Machine Dealers.
The couple and their growing family moved to Parma in 1958, becoming active members of St. Francis de Sales Church. Frank held many positions within the parish, including their Holy Name Society, and
among other honors was proud to have been voted their "Man of the Year."

Relinquishing the business to his sons in 1986, Frank retired at age 69. He welcomed the extra time to play pinochle, bowl on three leagues, but most especially to spend with his 12 children (9 sons and three daughters) and their families (now 23 grandchildren and 18 great-grandchildren). He lost his beloved Arlene in 1997, but treasured their nearly 50 years of love and devotion, happiness, travel, dancing and especially raising their family together.

Frank said he had a "ticket for the midnight train." He passed away on July 22nd, 11:37 pm at Parma Hospital, surrounded by his loving family and a lifetime of outstanding accomplishments and wonderful
memories.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Jeff D

Al and Dale,
So sorry to hear of your Dad's passing.  He will live on in your memories and those of others, and will always be close in your hearts.  God bless you and your family.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

[email protected]

Al and Dale I am sorry for your loss! I am just reading this post now. It sounds like your father was a very special guy !!
Sincerely
Paul