74 125 6-days Issues

Started by ccmnova, August 02, 2015, 01:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccmnova

I got the bike running with the new Bing 84 28mm carb. the bike is running well but tends to bog down for some reason - will then all of a sudden rev high like mad - put in gear and bogs down.

Please let me have your comments

- B8HS NGK .25 inch gap
  (i did get an equiv iridium plug but not sure if i should use it)
- 135 Main jet
- 2.76 Needle Jet
- 6G1 Jet Needle in position 2 from the top
- 35 Idle
- air screw ~ 1 turn out

Original motoplat ingition.

Mickey Sergeant

Can you get to idle correct by adjusting idle screw? You said you had an adaptor made,Does it still use that fiber bushing to insulate and seal on cylinder. Check for an air leak there. Is your throttle cable long enough were slide is bottoming out?

Mickey

Mickey Sergeant

What elevation are you at?

Mickey Sergeant

Missed part that its a D cylinder, Disregard the part about the fiber bushing. A 35 pilot may be to small.

rob w

Henry, I will look to see this afternoon, if I have any parts left to make up one "D" cylinder intake manifold. Other than that, I've asked one other guy that does a lot of Sachs stuff, and he did not have a good intake manifold. There was one guy from europe that said they could still find them in stock, think it was Gunther Vogt. ? Still searching , good luck. Bob

ccmnova

Quotequote:Originally posted by rob w

Henry, I will look to see this afternoon, if I have any parts left to make up one "D" cylinder intake manifold. Other than that, I've asked one other guy that does a lot of Sachs stuff, and he did not have a good intake manifold. There was one guy from europe that said they could still find them in stock, think it was Gunther Vogt. ? Still searching , good luck. Bob

Thanks - i need that flange desperately.  I emailed the guy that said they were available in europe but he never responded.

ccmnova

Quotequote:Originally posted by Mickey Sergeant

Can you get to idle correct by adjusting idle screw? You said you had an adaptor made,Does it still use that fiber bushing to insulate and seal on cylinder. Check for an air leak there. Is your throttle cable long enough were slide is bottoming out?

Mickey

The idle screw works somewhat - yes, its a D cylinder. I got a new magura side throttle and cable from Al and the cable was too long causing the throttle to be open.  I asked Al to send me a cable 1 inch shorter and rigged the other to work in the meantime.

ccmnova

Mickey Sergeant

So you think you have an air leak in the flange?

ccmnova

The flange rubber is all cracked

Dale Fisher

Sudco has spigot mount rubber adaptors and many are available on Ebay.  Start first with the bolt center then check the ID needed.

I have one coming with a 2" spread (Amal) and a roughly 38mm opening for a conversion (hopefully) I am working on.

Bob, did you have to alter your rubber flange?

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

ccmnova

Quotequote:Originally posted by ccmnova

I got the bike running with the new Bing 84 28mm carb. the bike is running well but tends to bog down for some reason - will then all of a sudden rev high like mad - put in gear and bogs down.

- B8HS NGK .25 inch gap
- 135 Main jet
- 2.76 Needle Jet
- 35 Idle
- air screw ~ 1 turn out

Can anyone comment on the above specifics

ccmnova

Still need some comments to these specs

- B8HS NGK .25 inch gap
- 135 Main jet
- 2.76 Needle Jet
- 35 Idle
- air screw ~ 1 turn out