Vee Rubber tires

Started by Mickey Sergeant, August 05, 2015, 08:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Sergeant

Has anyone tried the vee rubber tires yet. Will need a new rear for my 100 next year, and how do they size there tires?

Mickey

ssquickel

mickey
   looked at there vinage tire at ecea harescramble in june tire looks great and they make a 3.50 x 18 wide  an will to fit  on my steel tank 125. it will be the next tire i buy .
  lenny baltimore was the guy there selling vee rubber tires give him a call 1-570-662-7910 he will be glad to help you with any question.

sandy

Kip Kern

Any photos available?  300:21, 350:18 400:18?  In American sizes not metric?  Thanks

Rocket

The Vee rubber distributor is close to me, there number is 815.718.5860.  The company name is G2Ergonomics.

skiracer

Bob Close is running the tacky model on his GS 175.  You might want to touch base with him...

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Penton 175 XC
1979 KTM 175 GS
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

tooclose racing

James! Nice hand-off!

I'm running Vee Rubber front and back on my MC 175 and the rear of my 74.5 JP 175.  So far, so good - but I haven't done a lot of racing on these gum balls yet. But they do work well for me.

Funny story (told previously in race forum). Took delivery of my Gary Ellis-built MC 175 at Unadilla this year, filled it with gas, adjusted controls, went to start line.  About one minute after we started I thought "Sh____! My tire pressure is to the moon". Turns out Gary had seated the beads with a bunch of air after mounting, and  I never thought to check before race.  Well - I think the V's saved my ass a number of times out on a course that a become much rockier, rootier when the PV race started. Turns out the tires were at 30 #'s.  That's right...

I have a fellow racer/friend/fast guy that swears he will never run them (again). He thinks they load up too much/become useless in muddy conditions.  He races A LOT, so certainly some advice to consider.  I really haven't run mine in a mudder yet.  

Hope this helps.

Mickey Sergeant

Have some info on there vintage mx tires. emailed v rubber. They show they have a 3:50-18 and 4:00-18 VRM-031 and VRM-109. 031 is not in production in the united states. The VRM-109 is the tire we need to order.

Wardie

Local Vintage Racer and all around good guy Bob Wentzel is the local Vee Rubber distributor. He specializes in Trials and off Road tires.

As a National and Vintage Champion Bob knows his stuff and can help. You may contact via cell at 330 207 2048 or email him at [email protected]

Larry ward

Mickey Sergeant

How about a sales rep bring some tires to one of our events in the Nw like the national at Rattler Run.

Wardie

Good question to ask Bob.