sachs clutch bushing

Started by Mickey Sergeant, October 07, 2015, 08:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Sergeant

Doe's any one know the size for a needle bearing that would work in place of the steel or brass bushings for the layshaft wheel?

JP Morgen

Mickey, do you mean the bushing in the clutch gear/hub? A needle bearing might not be a good choice there, may wear shaft if not hard enough, or if it kind of loose may break the rollers?

firstturn

Listen to JP as I have seen it tried  before with not a great outcome.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Mickey Sergeant

I am only getting 2 weekends of racing on the brass bushings before they get to worn. My other bike had the steel one and it was worn. Just thinking of other alternatives. I have had a history of chipping out the groove of the circlip.

firstturn

?  I would start check clearances and making sure you are using enough oil in the Transmission.  If you are fast use 700cc.  Also, be sure to check the end of your shaft diameter to a new one.  Something going on here?  Shoot me a email f\
firstturn at hotmail.com

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

JP Morgen

Bushing should be bearing bronze, not brass. Red Line Liteweight Shock Proof gear oil!!!!!!

Mickey Sergeant

Bronze is what I meant to say. Brass just came out. Both start with B[:p]

Edd 44k

not all bronze is equal . I made bushings out of aluminum bronze and never had any trouble . phosphor bronze bushings (hardware store)are not going to last . you want at least Ampco 45 . talk to a "good / smart" machinist . Not just bronze but "aluminum bronze". Dont let the aluminum part fool you this stuff is super tough.

Lot of Penton parts for sale.  Inquire via email.
Lot of Penton parts for sale.  Inquire via email.