Does it have the electric starter?

Gary Roach

I did an online VIN check, and this is what I came up with:

2008 KTM 250 XC
VIN: VBKEXL2328M241040
Engine: 249CC 1 Unleaded Gas
Country of Assembly: Austria

hankthecrank

I don't see any thing that looks like an electric starter. Handlebars are clean of any buttons. Any telltale things on the starter? I'm not seeing any wiring going in the cases. I'll look closer tomorrow. Maybe a couple pictures.

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

hankthecrank

Ok. The 548 says 250 also. I looked at some pics of the 300 starter and obviously it's not there. Think it's still worth picking up?

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

Gary Roach

The XC models did not have the electric starter, only the XC-W models did.  NADA values this bike at only  $2000 - $2,200, so you'll have to decide if it's worth spending the money on it.

hankthecrank

Thanks Gary.

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

thrownchain

I'm still a possible future owner if you can hold it for me.

thrownchain

Did ya pick the bike up?

hankthecrank

Dan, I'm picking it up this week.

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

thrownchain

Post up some pics when ya get it home.

hankthecrank

Hank Rinehart

juliusalexander

I have an 05 250 EXC which is pretty similar to what you are looking at. The bike is a great off road bike. The XC is a little more to the Motocross side of the endure range, if that makes any sense. KTM talk.com would be a good resource for you. I may be able to provide you a wiring diagram if you would like to PM me.
JR Alexander
Bloomington, IL
72 175 Jackpiner

hankthecrank

Thank you.

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

tooclose racing

Gary Roach - I am now the proud owner of my first "modern" KTM (a 4 stroke - heresy!) - can you email me at [email protected] with your address.  I have a few questions and I'm presuming you may be a wise man in ALL things KTM.

Thanks,

Bob Close