New 1972 Six-Day

Started by rob w, February 15, 2016, 06:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob w

Not new today, but it was on Sept 30, 1972.
This is what a brand new one looks like, which has not been ridden 1 mile.
$852.72 out the door

Daniel P. McEntee

In late '73 or early '74, I was in the market for a new 125. Hodaka had just come out with the 125 Wombat and I liked the look of the bike, and price was right (I was in high school at the time.) Just before I pulled the trigger on buying the Wombat, I saw an add in the paper for a used '72 125 Penton with blue printed engine at a local Suzuki dealership. I was the same price as the Wombat! Which one would you buy???? I had a square barrel Berkshire at the time, either a '68 or '69, not sure which, so it was an easy decision! I got that old feeling when I looked at you photo! My bike was in almost new condition. Fast forward to around the year 2000, and I foudn another '772 125 Penton in the newspaper. Only had about 350 miles on the odometer. It was the first bike I bought when I got into this vintage thing. It's all still original and looks almost that good. Just needs a new metal rear fender. If anyone has a decent. used metal rear fender, let me know. I don;t want to get a brand new one, a smal dent here and there or some "patina of age" on it will be fine to match the rest of the bike.
   Ah to be 18 again and be able to ride it like I could back then!
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

Carl Hill

Nice. I just got a 72 that had been sitting in a shed for 20+ years. It is not nice at all but hopefully will be some day.