Bob Neruda has passed away

Started by ALB, February 29, 2016, 12:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALB

It with a heavy heart that I report that my good friend, loyal POG member, and customer, Bob Neruda passed away in his sleep this past Thursday. I just found out about this and I am stunned. I will miss his morning phone calls. :(
This is his obituary from the Chicago Tribune newspaper:

Robert F. Neruda, suddenly, age 60 at rest February 25, 2016. Husband of Patricia nee Jeffers; loving father of Lucas and Samantha; dearest brother of Donna Lenzarotta, Mary Brezak and Michael; fond uncle of nieces and nephews. Funeral Services Tuesday 10 A.M. at West Suburban Funeral Home & Cremation Services 39 N. Cass Ave, Westmont. Interment Clarendon Hills Cemetery. Visitation Monday from 4-8 P.M. Info 630-852-8000 or //www.westsuburbanfh.com
Published in a Chicago Tribune Media Group Publication on Feb. 28, 2016

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Kip Kern

Wow, so sad to hear, Bob was a great guy. RIP friend

Mike Lenz

Wow, known Bob since I met him at Lagrange Honda in my teens. What a shocker.  Bob had a good soul.

firstturn

What a loss.  I will miss the calls on trouble shooting and just visiting about Pentons.  Bob was just a Great Friend.....God Speed.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dennis Jones

Oh my. Bob and I did a lot of stealth camping together in the early days of Vintage Days at Mid-Ohio and had more than a few beverages together.

What a genuine guy! You'll be missed brother! Prayers for you family.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

scott brogan

So sorry to hear.  Rest in peace my friend.

Paul Danik

Here is a picture of Bob taken at the POG 40/10 event.

http://www.pentonusa.org/GalleryServerPro/default.aspx?moid=4596&hr=1

He will be surely missed.
Paul

firstturn

Thanks Paul for the link to Bob's picture.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Young Ted

Al called me at lunch time, knowing that I'm not on here anymore. This however is a special time and I owe it to Bob and the Penton Owners Group Family to make my addition. Bob's home is about 6 miles east of us and the funeral home is a couple miles around the corner. I don't recall the last time I saw Bob or talked to him on the phone, as it isn't easy to keep track of time, unless it's written down.
    Connie and I were at the visitation and I did talk to son Lucas for a while. We hadn't seen him since he was a much smaller boy, so had to ask for help. Lucas mentioned that Bob's passing involved breathing problems, if that is comfort of some kind.

Young Ted

Dale Fisher

Regrets to the Neruda family.  I am very sorry to hear of our loss.

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

fischercycle

MY Deepest sympathy to HIS FAMILY, WILL MISS THE PHONE CALLS TWICE A YEAR AND THE TALKS ABOUT THE PAST,AND THE YEARLY XMAS CARD, WHAT A GREAT GUY TO TALK WITH,HOPE YOU HAD THE PENTONS TUNED AND  READY FOR THE BIG TRACK UP IN THE SKY,WILL MISS YOU,  JOHN JR. JEFF AND JAKE