Doug Wilford update.

Started by Paul Danik, March 05, 2016, 11:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

On this past Thursday, before attending the POG meeting I paid Dot Wilford a visit.

Dot visits Doug twice a day to try to make sure he eats properly. There are times when he recognizes her, but many when he does not. Dot says his weight has stabilized and that Doug sleeps quite a bit.

As our visit concluded Dot said to be sure to tell all of Doug's friends hello, which knowing Dot I had better do what she asks or else..

So from Dot and Doug Wilford.... HELLO :D:D:D

When Doug was the POG membership person he always put smiley faces on each persons receipt for their dues...so there is a reason for those.

Dot is a true Angel, please try to send your best wishes and prayers
to both Dot and Doug as the trail they both are on is a rough one.

http://www.pentonusa.org/GalleryServerPro/default.aspx?moid=4524&hr=1

Paul

Steve Minor

Thanks for the update Paul...Doug is one of the nicest men I've ever met........builds one hell of a motor too! I'm proud to have a DW motor on my 72 Six Day.

Steve Minor
Steve Minor

Larry Perkins

Doug is a great guy and knew Sachs like no other person I ever met. He rebuilt the motor on my Astrodome winning 100 when I restored it before it went to the Pelican Guano Motorsports Museum and he built the motor to those specs that I won my first AMA Vintage Championship on.  Miss seeing that guy.  I wish him and Dot the easiest trail possible.  Love them both!

Larry P

fischercycle

HELLO MR.  DOUG , REMEMBER THE TIME WE WERE RIDING ON THE SAME NUMBER , AT STONE MTN. GA,1969 YOU WERE ON A STEEL TANKER PENTON YOU WAVED ME  AHEAD ,AND THE NEXT THING I WAS DOING IS LOOKING STRAIGHT UP AT (YOU DOUG ):) SAYING HEY JAKE DO YOU NEED A PUSH WITH THAT SMILE ON YOUR FACE, I would like to say thanks to his wife (DOT) for her long time PROVOCATION AND CARE FOR MY LONG TIME GOOD FRIEND, JAKE FISCHER

firstturn

Doug and Dot are just the BEST.  I have you both in my Prayers.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Kip Kern

Doug and Dot, you are in our prayers!