A little respect, please...

Started by wfopete, March 10, 2016, 07:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wfopete

When I saw this I thought how much better the concept would be if it featured a Steel Tanker, JP and a 2016 KTM.

https://youtu.be/EtZgByAym74

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

tooclose racing

Great commercial.  For what it's worth, Pete - I've had a similar conversation with kids/moderns at a few of our hare scrambles.  At the King Ferry Two Day, some older teen kids were staring at my Jackpiner at a rest stop and I asked them what they rode. KTM 200's was their answer.  I patted that blue tank, looked them in the eye and said "Boys, this bike is the grandfather of your machinery.  It is the founding father of your bikes, so to speak...".  I didn't want to get into the 152cc kitted Steel Tanker story btw...THAT would have produced a yawn.

They followed me, gave me thumbs up, stopped by my pits over the next two days. Kinda hilarious/fun.

Rain Man

Oh my times have certainly changed!!  How come the kids wearing lipstick while practicing?

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Rich Fredette

Tried and true concept, unfortunately it made me dislike the future - just didn't feel it. I agree that the Euro KTM angle could have been much more effective than using a gamer punk on a Japanese screamer.
\\\'72 Jackpiner - 175: 7-20555153
\\\'14 Newfoundland - Keira 54kg

hankthecrank

I blew by a neighbor fella on one of our backroads, dirt, and he tried to catch me. I was riding my 72 six day with the DW engine.He was riding a KTM 200. He weighed about 40 lbs more than me and he couldn't keep up. When I stopped he pulled up and said ," What the @#$%^& is that?! Says KTM on the seat! I then explained that he was looking at his bikes grandpa. We talked some and the he says, So is it a 400? I gently told him its a 125. He could not believe he couldn't catch me. So we did it again. Same result. I think his 200 was way down on power. Hank

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart