Next POG Meeting Thursday April 7th.

Started by Dale Fisher, March 30, 2016, 07:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

The next scheduled Penton Owners Group meeting will be held Thursday April 7th at 7:00 pm at the KTM building in Amherst.  All are welcome to attend [8D]

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Paul Danik

Sure looking forward to tonight's "show & tell" at the POG meeting and am glad that Larry Maiers came up with this idea.

I just selected an item to take to the meeting, it is the folder that held the paperwork from an early Penton Dealer School, I believe 1969. The piece is covered with many photos as well as telling of numerous significant accomplishments of the cycles in 1968.

As I looked it over I found it interesting how it is devoted as much to Husqvarna as it is to Penton, both in photos as well as the text. Before the last POG meeting, I took a slow drive around the buildings at the KTM campus where the POG meetings are held and noticed how Husqvarna signage has been added to the exterior of the building. It sure is interesting how the story of Penton - KTM and their relationship with Husqvarna has evolved over the years.

John Penton has stated numerous times that if Husqvarna had just made the 125 that he wanted the Penton Sportcycle would have never come to being....     I guess we sure do owe Husqvarna a debt of gratitude   :D

If you are coming tonight please be sure to dig into your archives and bring an item along.

Paul