Air Cone Pipe

Started by SoCal996, August 18, 2002, 01:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal996

Hi all,

I have a line on an Air Cone pipe for my 125, which has been built to Mettco specs form the day. The pipe has not been painted, so what is the recommended product to use for expansion chamber painting. Also, has anyone had experience with Air Cone products?

Thanks,
Brian

Larry Perkins

Aircone does good work and that is probably a downpipe which is vulnerable but worked great on the Sachs motor.  Any Hi-temp black paint will work fine.

fzrr750

Hey, Brian. I have delt with Aircone. Great honest people. They did me a pipe several years ago for one of my MX bikes(71  Yamaha MX 175). Great pipe and great  performance once I got the jetting done right on the third time!! They also built several silencers for a few of my Kawasaki Triple roadracers and my Yamaha RD 350-400 roadracers. Envy of the track and club days!! I am working on a mockup design for an up-pipe for my 71 Suzuki TM400 MX bike. Once I get the correct fitment for the kicker and right thigh clearance I will send them the mock up and have them build me a pipe like it. This is better than me taking it to them and having to go get it. It will take longer...but it will be worth it. You can take or send your pipe to them and have them build you one.  Hope this helps you out Brian.

Seeeyaaaa.    Ed T.

71 Suzuki TM400,72 Suzuki TS400 Desert racer,76 Suzuki RM250,74 Yamaha MX360,79 KTM 250MX, 87 Yamaha FZRR750 X-endurance racer #112.
71 Suzuki TM400,76 Suzuki RM250,74 Yamaha MX360,79 KTM 250MX,89 KTM 250EXC, 87 Yamaha FZRR750 X-endurance racer #112.

Kip Kern

Brian

I have had Gary make 6 70/71 pipes for me and his work is excellent.  He is very slow but sure!  I sent a 70/71 Penton to Aircone to build pipes off of properly.

SoCal996

Thanks guys, if I end up with the pipe I'll let you know how it works out.

Brian

don howard

Hi Brian. Hey Iam still waiting since April for a 125 steel tanker pipe, I think they are alot of hot air, if you know what Iam saying.  He told me he was making 2 for Kip Kern and he would make one extra for me. But you see how good there word is. Don Howard