74 Engine paint

Started by Kip Kern, August 21, 2002, 09:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip Kern

Can anyone out there recommend an excellent paint for the silver 74 250/400 engines?  I have been in Steel Tank land for so long, I forgot what silver to use!  Thanks

Larry Perkins

Kip

Bobby Lucas and I use the KTM silver/gray color that is sold by PJ1.  It is sparay can which might not be as professional a look as the paintgun method but works good on our garage level of restore.  Glad to see you are speaking Katoom after many years of speaking Sachsian. Hope you are not missing your babies too much but we are sure glad they are here in Missouri for us to view.  Good luck with your new projects.

Kip Kern

Thanks Larry

I have started restorations of a few CMF models including a 72 125, 73 Hiro, 73 175, 73 250, 74, 250, 74 400 and also a Wassell.  Kinda sounds like a Christmas song!

Rocket

Kip
I have been using the PJ1 paint also, looks to be a fairly good match.
Would you be willing to sell me a rear fender for a steel tanker and the rubber washers for airboxes, etc. on the fiberglass models??
thanks
Rocket

Kip Kern

Rocket,  I sold all of my spare aluminum fenders at Mid Ohio this year, sorry.  How many of the rubber washers do you need, I'll see if I have spares, Cometic Gasket makes them for me.  6mm/8mm bolt size