Help with spark Sachs Bosch.

Started by Ajf, August 28, 2016, 05:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ajf

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some tips on getting spark on a Sachs 125 with Bosch ignition coil. When I got he engine the stator plate and flywheel was removed because the guy needed the flywheel key for another bike. I cleaned the points set timing and set points at .018". I have the blue wire from engine going to terminal marked 15 and the other terminal connected to the engine for ground. The engine is just being bench tested and is not mounted on a bike. Any help would be appreciated.

Kip Kern

Check to see if coil and engine are properly grounded, check plug wire seated properly in coil and plug cap, check timing at 3mm BTDC then check points setting to be between .012 and .015 at TDC.  Then check, at 3mm BTDC, if points are closed and opening as you turn the flywheel CW towards TDC.  At this point, TDC, points should be open to the above setting.  Should be it!

Ajf

Thanks kip. I was able to get it running after I replaced the points. The faces of the points weren't parallel to each other and therefore not making good contact. The replacement points I got of eBay had the post built in to the points so I had to unscrew the post and then I just stuck the post from new points in the threaded hole. Is there a place to find original Bosch or the correct reproduction points? These points do work but they're not the right ones.

Kip Kern

I find them on Ebay under "Bosch" a lot of times