Penton Cafe MX

Started by firstturn, October 26, 2016, 12:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

Does anyone have the brochure for this bike or a copy.  Thanks.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Paul Danik

Hi Ron,

I may be mistaken, but I don't know of any Penton produced literature on the Cafe MX. The Woodsman and Penton Trials literature is available, but for some reason nothing on the Cafe MX that I am aware of. If something turns up that would be great.

In looking thru a binder of old literature to try and find some Cafe MX info, I came across some Penton Imports Dealer price lists that show the various configurations of the famous slow poke Penton...

The July 2, 1973 list shows the Penton Mud Lark Trials in either a 125cc or 152cc configuration for $ 740.00 dealer cost with a suggested retail of $ 940.00.

The February 15, 1975 list shows the 125cc Cafe' M-X with a dealer cost of $ 645.00 and a suggested retail of $ 785.00. No mention of a 152cc version.

The July 28, 1975 list shows the 125cc Cafe' M-X again at $ 645.00 and $ 785.00 respectively.

The May 10, 1976 list interestingly enough shows a 125cc Cafe' Racer at $ 595.00 and $ 795.00 respectively...I'll bet the literature for the Cafe' Racer is a bit hard to find as well.

The July 20, 1976 list again shows the 125cc Cafe' Racer at $ 595.00 and $ 795.00 respectively.

The January 17, 1977 list shows the Woodsman with a dealer cost of $ 650.00 and a suggested retail of $ 800.00. There is no mention of displacement.

It seems illogical that if there is a piece of literature for the Woodsman that a Cafe' M-X piece wasn't produced. Possibly there is some info contained in a  Keeping Track from "back in the day" on the Cafe' M-X that someone has seen. I also wonder if in one of the pieces of Penton literature that shows all of their available models if there isn't a picture or mention of the Cafe' MX, or Cafe' Racer, I have not found one as of yet but possibly someone else has.

Just for the record, all of the above pricing info is STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL, it says so right on the price lists...so please try to keep this all quiet...:)  AND..the prices are subject to change without notice !

Didn't mean to ramble on, but thought you and possibly others might find this information entertaining.

Paul

firstturn

Paul thanks for all the research and the confidential pricing information.  If you hear of anyone selling a Woodsman Brochure please let me know thank for you review.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dale Fisher

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired