Sachs 5 and 6 speed gear cutting.

Started by JP Morgen, January 18, 2017, 03:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JP Morgen

I will be shortly sending some gears to the EDM shop to have the selector key cut outs enlarged. It is a mod I developed a number of years ago, with very pleasing results. Standard gear cut outs have .25mm clearance around the key, this is increased to 4.0mm, 16 times more clearance. This increases the "drop in" to make quicker shifts. It is not cheap, $50-60 per gear. On 6 speeders, for motocross, if you gear your bike down, and rarely, if ever use first gear, you can get away with having 2nd-5th gears cut. I don't do an exchange, you must send your gears and those will be the ones you get back. I do not mark up what the guy charges me, but of course you must pay for shipping, which is only about $10? No need to call or message me, just send gears by USPS to: JP Morgen PO Box 503 Penngrove, CA 94951

SouthRider

JP had the gears done for my 100 when I built it in 2008, and the difference is noticeable. Worth every penny.

He also had some hardened selector keys back then that worked well.

Clark

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

firstturn

How much time do we have to get the gears to you?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

JP Morgen