Vintage Enduro Returns to McKee's Sky Ranch

Started by Richard Colahan, March 02, 2017, 10:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Colahan

On Saturday July 29th, Tom and Debbie McKee will host the 2nd AHRMA Mountaineer Vintage Enduro at their Sky Ranch in Terra Alta WV, a round of the 2017 John Penton / Preston Petty National Cross Country Series.

Leading the field on number 1A will be 2017 Grand Marshal and defending Grand Champion Fred Hoess. After completing a 25 year ISDT/ISDE career with a world record 19 Gold Medals, Fred returned to Spain in 2016 to enter and win the first FIM Vintage Enduro held in conjunction with the ISDE riding a 1986 Husqvarna XC250.

The Vintage Enduro will again be a traditional "time-keeping" Enduro with a few speed average changes, mileage resets to assist late riders get back on time, and a 30 minute gas stop/ rest break about half way through. Secret check points will be located to keep the riders honest and keeping track of their mileage and time. Each rider will receive a route / time / distance sheet that will have the mileage and time due for every possible checkpoint listed on it. But please!!! Absolutely NO modern Enduro computers or Countdown devices...old school time-keeping only!

Note that bikes DO NOT need to be street legal...license plates, lights, horn, etc. are NOT required.

The trail crew says the layout will be similar to last year with about 65 ground miles. The goal will again be to take a few points from the fast riders, but to allow for a high percentage of finishers, even for those on Premier and Classic bikes. Full event details as well as the AHRMA Vintage Enduro Rules are available on the AHRMA web site Cross Country Schedule section.  

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Mick Milakovic

Mick

dennis brown

I hope any one that can make the enduro  at terra alta will go. it is a great weekend and the enduro is a must.enduro the way it used to be. could  not ask for better organization of an event.

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

fischercycle

HELLO, Richard Colahan are going to DUBOIS swap meet and bike show  this weekend, Will you have the TRIUMPH you had at the York SWAP MEET TO SHOW HOW TO SET YOUR BIKE UP FOR THIS EVENT, I WILL BRING MY PENTON HIRO WITH ALL OF MY ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT THAT I USED BACK IN THE LATE 60s AND EARLEY 70S, before the computer age, PS. PLUS SOME OTHER GOOODIES, THANKS RICH FOR PROMOTING THESE VINTAGE RUNS IT BRINGS BACK A LOT OF MEMORIES AND THE GOOD PEOPLE YOU MEET. JAKE FISCHER

Richard Colahan

Jake...
I'll have to miss the Dubois show...but if the weather is half decent I'd like to take the 65 Triumph "Jack Pine" to display at the 80th Sandy Lane Enduro in NJ on the weekend of 3/25,26. The Meteor M/C folks are hoping 1970 National enduro champ Jack McLane will be there on the 50th anniversary of his 1967 Sandy Lane win...on a Honda 305 Scrambler!
Hope to see you at the AHRMA MA Region XC series kick-off event at Rocket on 4/9!

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA