marzocchi piggy backs

Started by tmc3c, August 30, 2002, 06:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

Talk about wanting to pull what little hair out that I have left,I am trying to stay as close to the original as I can and I am trying to rebuild these shocks, so I call Shawn at Marzocchi {nice guy} and order 2 kits to rebuild 2 shocks.1 kit does both shocks but thats ok I say to myself,I will have a spare. So I take the kits to my local KTM dealership and after a month he tells me that one of the shafts are so pitted that the rebuild would not be worth it. So back to the phone and I call Larry Perkins {nice Guy, very helpful} and he sends me the shock shaft and 2 of the upper eye bushings, so now I have this beat.I got a fork leg coming from Mark Correll {another Nice Guy} And all the parts I need for the rear suspension, finally I can move to the next step in this rebulid.WRONG!!!!!!! The seal kits are the wrong kits! *&^%$!!!! And after making calls to Al & Larry I seem to be back to square one. Called Shawn he says this is the only kit he has and to return the kits and I will get credit back to my card. The rubber washer that goes under the nut that holds the shaft in that looks like a flying sauser is spring loaded. The washer I have is to large in Dia. it will not go into the inside of the nut,the inside dia. is ok,about the size of a 11mm wrench. The bad thing while in shop at the dealership the mechanic tried to give me the washer and I told him no that no one could see it anyway,so now I don't have a way to tell anyone else the outside Dia. Looks like I will be back to the shop next week!! Thanks Guys for letting me VENT!!!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

rob w

Hi Thomas, When you brought up this subject a while back about your Marzocchi shock problem it reminded me about a guy near by that has a brand new pair still in the box. He's hard to get a hold of, but I will keep trying to see how much he wants. You may or may not be interested but I'll still find out and email you. Give me about 5 or 6 days.

tmc3c

Hi Rob, Thanks for thinking of me and my problem but last night I called and talked to Bobby Lucas and he has ALL of my problems covered ! {THANKS LARRY PERKINS for the tip}!! I still am hoping to make the next Mid Ohio meet.

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler