American Motorcyclist features 1997 Jackpiner

Started by Paul Danik, March 26, 2017, 06:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

The April 2017 issue of American Motorcyclist magazine has a nice write up on the 1997 KTM limited edition Jackpiner in the Hall of Fame section. The article goes on to state that Alison Dimola donated the machine to the Museum. Having not visited the Museum in a few years I was not aware that this machine was in their collection. Possibly one of you has more information on how long the Jackpiner has been there and maybe a little bit of information on Alison and what led her to donate this limited edition machine, a very gracious act indeed.

In looking at the picture of the Jackpiner it brought back memories of when Jack Penton brought one of them to VMD around the time that the POG was just getting started. It sure generated a lot of interest and excitement, hard to believe that was almost twenty years ago.

I wonder if the Jackpiner is displayed near Al Born's V-003, just might need to stop by the Museum and have a look.

Paul

derek martin

It would be pretty cool if KTM would build a green colored SixDay named version of their small bore two stroke enduro bike for the 2018 year model - 50th anniversary commemorative. They would probably sell-out on pre-order.

Daniel P. McEntee

The KTM Jackpiner Special Edition EXC-200 was a very limited production bike. Only 130 were made for world wide distribution, I believe. I was lucky enough to "rescue" one off our local Craig's List here in the St. Louis area several years ago. The bike was sold with special manuals and some other goodies that went with it, and a certificate that you needed to present to a dealer to be able to buy the special blue plastic and decal set that it used. At that same time, KTM did do a special 125 Six Days Special Edition, but only 5 of those were made, as I understand it. I think Lyle Lovitt is a proud owner of one of those. I think John Penton has one and KTM has another at the headquarters build in Ohio? I reluctantly sold mine off recently as part of a down sizing/re-evaluation of priorities in preparation for hopefully retiring in a few years, but glad I was able to own it for at least a few years. I never did ride the bike, just fixed it up and replaced what was missing when I got it. I had several local guys BEGGING me for a chance to ride it in the woods. I sold it to a guy here locally, and maybe I'll get the chance to get it back some day and try it out!
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee

Bob Gilman

I have both the 200 and the 125 in my living room for almost 20 years,new never been ridden.I'am computer illiterate so I can't send pictures.Maybe I will get someone else to send.

Patton

Bob, get busy with those pictures. What is the story behind the 125 and its limited production of 5 units?

RP

Nick

It looks like there's one for sale in Reno, and the price looks pretty good.

https://reno.craigslist.org/mcy/6089762953.html

Dale Fisher

Here are a few from Bob on his collection.

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Bob Gilman

Dale,Thank you for posting the pictures,old men are like kids sometimes they need help,that's me.

Larry Perkins

Beautiful on all the bikes.  Way cool collection Bob!

Larry P

3putt

HI Bob,   I really like your Display !!  Nice Job !!    W Nelson McCullough

Prob

Now that is a beautiful man cave. I have trouble talking the wife into letting me have one bike in the house.

77 Penton GS6 250
PR
77 GS6 250

skiracer

If you ever want to sell that red, white and blue jersey would love to race in that!

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Penton 175 XC
1985 20' Hi Point trailer
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Big Mac

I'm putting the original blue plastic back on 200exc-LE #106 and going to finally sell it if anyone has an interest. 2nd owner, all the documentation, well loved and well ridden woods bike up until 4 yrs ago. Kids want college now. Great shape, starts easy, runs great, always meticulously maintained. Will come with orange plastic as well, CF pipe guard and skid plate, tall seat plus stock, spare pipe, etc. In Portland OR, ...$2500 firm to a loving POG member.     [email protected] or text 503-888-2851 - Jon

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Big Mac

Forgot an important part...the Jackpiner LE is also titled and plated with current tags. A grocery-getter if you want.

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

motograndpa

Beautiful bikes Bob! Very nice display.

I'm trying to locate a copy of the American Motorcyclist issue. I've contacted the AMA and they're looking around for a copy.

Dan